| FTBL Regardless of How You Feel About Coach Croom,

I have nothing against Sly. In fact, if he were Bama's coach, I'd prolly love him. I did find it interesting and a little baffling that Sports Illustrated, in their 75 Years of SEC Football issue, named Sly as one of the 4 greatest coaches in the 75-year history of the SEC. Coach Bryant was listed first, followed by Frank Broyles (who never coached Arky in the SEC), Spurrier (for obvious reasons), and Croom (because he is the first black coach in SEC history). Ground-breaking? Absolutely. One of the greatest coaches? Absolutely not.

CSC

Coach Croom is doing phenomenal with the talent he has. Just ask Gene Stallings. If he stumbles on a decent recruiting year or two... watch out. Croom turns boys into men.

I lost a lot of respect for him when he was passed over for the Bama job. Say what you will about doing him wrong for not selecting him as our coach and picking Shula but, the things he said and what he insinuated about the university is un forgivable in my opinion.
It said a lot to me about his character and what kind of man he is. Because you are angry and think you should get the job doesn't justify turning your back on your university and accuse the shool of such things. I mean Jessie Jackson! Come on, no reason for it.

kudzu, you may find Croom in the same category as I do...

There are players I have respect and appreciation for what they accomplished when they were in Crimson. BUT, things later in life put them in a different category.

kudzu said:
I lost a lot of respect for him when he was passed over for the Bama job. Say what you will about doing him wrong for not selecting him as our coach and picking Shula but, the things he said and what he insinuated about the university is un forgivable in my opinion.
It said a lot to me about his character and what kind of man he is. Because you are angry and think you should get the job doesn't justify turning your back on your university and accuse the shool of such things. I mean Jessie Jackson! Come on, no reason for it.

Agreed, kudzu.

I Think Coach Croom has done one helluva job with what he has had. It is very hard for me to dislike the man. I try to overlook the Rev. Jackson thing, I may be wrong but I think he basically did that whole thing on his own.

I also cant blame Coach Croom for having a little bit of hard feelings towards some of the people at Alabama for not hiring him, but he should not blame the whole college for it, and probably should of took the high road.

In the end, the man pays a lot of respect for Coach Bryant and gives him a lot of props for being the reason he is successful. You can not argue that fact. I like seeing our Alabama people being successful, not at the expense of beating Bama, but I sure liked seeing him beat Auburn.

Coach Croom is alright in my book, he will do well with MSU. We will do well with Coach Saban. It evens out in the end. I think its time for all of us to just be proud of our guys from Bama and set the hard feelings to the side. We got some good things coming here at Bama. JMHO

Thanks for the article Factor.

Miss state should have lost the bowl game but like the rest of the wins they had it was due to the other team giving it away than State winning.

The announcers kept bashing Alabama blah blah blah

Back
Top Bottom