| FTBL Recruiting 2008: UA vs AU. The truth hurts...

Porter said:
Also, it is funny that Tuberville would talk about work ethic being important, seeing as how Saban is kicking his ass on the recruiting trail because of his... work ethic.

If Tuberville really valued a strong work ethic, he wouldn't have supported the implementation of the "Saban Rule".

He likes working at duck hunting :lol:

Porter said:
If Tuberville really valued a strong work ethic, he wouldn't have supported the implementation of the "Saban Rule".

Speaking of which.....More from Tuberville regarding recruiting....

“More and more, they (the NCAA) want us to go out and sign great athletes who are also great students and have great character,” Tuberville said. “At the same time, they limit the time we have to evaluate these kids. At some point, that’s got to change.

“They pass these rules to take us off the road, I mean the head coaches. I wish they’d give us a whole week back, put us back on the road where we could just go and talk to these kids one-on-one, but they obviously aren’t going to do that. That’s an expense, in their mind, and they are looking at ways to cut expenses. But we’re the ones held accountable when a player doesn’t work out.”

Argo said:
Porter said:

Speaking of which.....More from Tuberville regarding recruiting....

“More and more, they (the NCAA) want us to go out and sign great athletes who are also great students and have great character,” Tuberville said. “At the same time, they limit the time we have to evaluate these kids. At some point, that’s got to change.

“They pass these rules to take us off the road, I mean the head coaches. I wish they’d give us a whole week back, put us back on the road where we could just go and talk to these kids one-on-one, but they obviously aren’t going to do that. That’s an expense, in their mind, and they are looking at ways to cut expenses. But we’re the ones held accountable when a player doesn’t work out.”

That one left me shaking my head as much as his "high character remarks" in response to the questions of how the instate battle was dominated by Saban and staff.

Never mind, he offered the same kids. Never mind, he supported the rule change.

Back
Top Bottom