| FTBL really early Bowl picks

WDE1313 said:
bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
Tider 27 said:
bamafan850 said:
I hate to say it, but I do not think there is any way in the world Florida State goes to a BCS bowl. They looked horrable last week.

The ACC champion gets a spot in a BCS bowl, and its not too far-fetched that Florida St. will win the ACC.

I could see Alabama in the Cotton or Chick-fil-a. We won't be returning to Shreveport however...I know that much.
not to start a riot but, The UA team I saw on Saturday is not deserving of much more than Shreveport.

Riot? Don't flatter yourself too much, Barner Boy. I know the Barn played well last Saturday but you have already been Croomed this year and you still have to travel to Baton Rouge, Fayettenam and Athens. You may be lucky to get to Shreveport yourself.

...or is AU the only team that can rebound after two losses in a row? :roll:
need I remind you that I wasn't the one looking down my nose at a Indy Bowl bid.

..as well you shouldn't.
what gives bama the right to? I will be the first to tell you that a Cotton bid is wishful thinking for us.

BAMA didn't say anything. That was one fan's opinion, a BAMA fan's opinion. How in the world do you extrapolate from one performance where Alabama will play during bowl season? It's the whole body of work. If you took in account your game against MSU and used only that one game, the Barn would be destined for the Humanitarian Bowl at best.

WDE1313 said:
Bones82 said:
WDE1313 said:
Bones82 said:
bamafan4ever said:
Bones82 said:
WDE1313 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=bowlprojections5

I hate your sig please change it. I would punch Byrum in the face.

Bones... :lol:

Check out his avatar and sig and report back to us with the answer! :lol: :wink:

I would spear Byrum in the leg and twist it.

OK. I think I got it you don't like Wes.

Matter of fact after I speared and twisted Byrum's leg. I would flying spear you in the stands.

Bones, you're not a wrestling fanatic are you?...

geek-beanie-korben.gif

Don't watch it at all. I couldn't tell you 3 wrestler's names. Is that your personal picture?

bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
Tider 27 said:
bamafan850 said:
I hate to say it, but I do not think there is any way in the world Florida State goes to a BCS bowl. They looked horrable last week.

The ACC champion gets a spot in a BCS bowl, and its not too far-fetched that Florida St. will win the ACC.

I could see Alabama in the Cotton or Chick-fil-a. We won't be returning to Shreveport however...I know that much.
not to start a riot but, The UA team I saw on Saturday is not deserving of much more than Shreveport.

Riot? Don't flatter yourself too much, Barner Boy. I know the Barn played well last Saturday but you have already been Croomed this year and you still have to travel to Baton Rouge, Fayettenam and Athens. You may be lucky to get to Shreveport yourself.

need I remind you that I wasn't the one looking down my nose at a Indy Bowl bid.

..as well you shouldn't.
what gives bama the right to? I will be the first to tell you that a Cotton bid is wishful thinking for us.

BAMA didn't say anything. That was one fan's opinion, a BAMA fan's opinion. How in the world do you extrapolate from one performance where Alabama will play during bowl season? It's the whole body of work. If you took in account your game against MSU and used only that one game, the Barn would be destined for the Humanitarian Bowl at best.
Yet you stood up for that opinion which automatically makes people assume that it is also what you believe. Again I agree from the way we have played in certain games this season(MSU) we don't deserve a bid to the toilet bowl but the fact is we have improved since that loss and bama has given no signs of improvement since WCU.

WDE1313 said:
bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
Tider 27 said:
bamafan850 said:

..as well you shouldn't.

Yet you stood up for that opinion which automatically makes people assume that it is also what you believe. Again I agree from the way we have played in certain games this season(MSU) we don't deserve a bid to the toilet bowl but the fact is we have improved since that loss and bama has given no signs of improvement since WCU.

You know what assuming does, don't you? You didn't ask but yeah, I think your assumption is correct. I think we do better than Shreveport this year but that is my opinion. It's not like we lost to two teams that were lower echelon. As a matter of fact, for us to play as poorly as we did against those two teams, we were still in the game until the very end.

Will Alabama have a signature win like the Barn after two disappointing losses? I cannot tell you that nor can you assume that. Has BAMA made improvements since WCU? From this fan's perspective, absolutely. We shall all see soon enough.

WDE1313 said:
bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
Tider 27 said:
bamafan850 said:

..as well you shouldn't.

Obviously you have not watched Bama at all this year. Bama's D has improved every game IMO. I think the offense is still trying to find its identity. Sound familiar? Just because the barn played a flawless game against UF and knocked them off does not mean AU will not get waxed by several other teams.

Didn't we get BASHED when we had a guy do the chop and a "get that stuff out of here" throat sign AT HOME?

This clown does it on the field of the swamp and nothing has been said? I don't get it.

bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
Tider 27 said:
bamafan850 said:

..as well you shouldn't.

You know what assuming does, don't you? You didn't ask but yeah, I think your assumption is correct. I think we do better than Shreveport this year but that is my opinion. It's not like we lost to two teams that were lower echelon. As a matter of fact, for us to play as poorly as we did against those two teams, we were still in the game until the very end.

Will Alabama have a signature win like the Barn after two disappointing losses? I cannot tell you that nor can you assume that. Has BAMA made improvements since WCU? From this fan's perspective, absolutely. We shall all see soon enough.
I completely respect your opinion.

Outlaw said:
Didn't we get BASHED when we had a guy do the chop and a "get that stuff out of here" throat sign AT HOME?

This clown does it on the field of the swamp and nothing has been said? I don't get it.

Did any auburn fans bash you guys for that? I remeber Vern Lundquist saying that "it was not needed" but I don't remeber hearing any AU fans saying anything about it. when a team has a tradition that annoying it will get turned around on you when you lose.

WDE1313 said:
Outlaw said:

Did any auburn fans bash you guys for that? I remeber Vern Lundquist saying that "it was not needed" but I don't remeber hearing any AU fans saying anything about it. when a team has a tradition that annoying it will get turned around on you when you lose.

I thought I remembered a few Barn people throwing out unnecessary comments about DJ when he did it, but maybe I'm wrong. Considering, it was two years ago. :oops:

BarnBurner said:
I don't see Florida making it to a BSC bowl either. Its not because they aren't good enough, but simply because since we have a championship they will face LSU again and lose. That would give UF at least 3 loses for the year and no team outside of Notre Dame would get an at large spot with that many losses.
If Florida and LSU play in the SECCG and LSU wins to advance to the BCS Title Game I think the situation is that Florida or some other SEC team would defacto assume LSU's position as SEC Champion for purposes of selecting a team for the Sugar Bowl.

So, if I am correct, if Florida was the highest ranked SEC team outside LSU they would be the host team for the Sugar Bowl.

Outlaw said:
WDE1313 said:
Outlaw said:

I thought I remembered a few Barn people throwing out unnecessary comments about DJ when he did it, but maybe I'm wrong. Considering, it was two years ago. :oops:

I ask because I know David Irons did it before the game even started last year and we would have had no room to talk.

Outlaw said:

There were a few snide remarks from aubs. But wasn't it Keith Brown that did it?

WDE, you say you're not looking down your nose at the Indy Bowl. But, you said:

The UA team I saw on Saturday is not deserving of much more than Shreveport.

That doesn't sound like you think real highly of it. Btw, where ya been at? (that's Cajun) You weren't around when y'all lost to Croom and South Florida. But, you suddenly show up when we lose a couple?

CrimsonPirate said:

That doesn't sound like you think real highly of it. Btw, where ya been at? (that's Cajun) You weren't around when y'all lost to Croom and South Florida. But, you suddenly show up when we lose a couple?

actually a friend of mine showed me the site around monday. I was a frequent poster on Tide Talk but I think it went under.

CrimsonPirate said:

I have nothing against the Indy bowl but the fact is it's a lower caliber bowl game that no fan wants their team to be in.

WDE1313 said:
CrimsonPirate said:

I have nothing against the Indy bowl but the fact is it's a lower caliber bowl game that no fan wants their team to be in.

Personally, I wouldn't mind the Indy. It'd be like a 4-5 hour drive for me. :D

Back
Top Bottom