| FTBL Rare Football Inherited

BillK

Just wondering. I inherited a signed football from my wife's grandfather. He played at Alabama in the late 1930's before going into the Marines and off to fight WWII. The football commemorates the '61, '64, & '65 national championships. It's autographed by Paul Bryant, Mal Moore, Pat Dye, Kenny Stabler, Steve Sloan, Ray Perkins, Richard Williamson, plus about 20 more former players and coaches. Does anyone on here know of a good appraiser in the Tuscaloosa, Birmingham area? I would really like to get a value on it.

Just wondering. I inherited a signed football from my wife's grandfather. He played at Alabama in the late 1930's before going into the Marines and off to fight WWII. The football commemorates the '61, '64, & '65 national championships. It's autographed by Paul Bryant, Mal Moore, Pat Dye, Kenny Stabler, Steve Sloan, Ray Perkins, Richard Williamson, plus about 20 more former players and coaches. Does anyone on here know of a good appraiser in the Tuscaloosa, Birmingham area? I would really like to get a value on it.
Bear Bryant Museum probably be best plact to start

I have one with all 62
And one 64
Allmost if not all players

They are cool

What a trophy u have

Of I had to guess I'd say $1000-2000 with those guys if the signatures are legible and not worn. I'm no professional, but follow some pricing on items. Had my eye on this one for a bit.

Look at this on eBay

No idea on value, but it sounds awesome, and priceless to me. The one Bama piece of memorabilia I really want and never have gotten is a good Coach Bryant autograph. I've almost bought a couple over the years but never did. There was a credible auction site that had a several throwback white Bama helmets a few years ago signed by Stabler, Namath, and Starr... I never pulled the trigger on one and now I regret that too. They were awesome. Haven't seen any since.

No idea on value, but it sounds awesome, and priceless to me. The one Bama piece of memorabilia I really want and never have gotten is a good Coach Bryant autograph. I've almost bought a couple over the years but never did. There was a credible auction site that had a several throwback white Bama helmets a few years ago signed by Stabler, Namath, and Starr... I never pulled the trigger on one and now I regret that too. They were awesome. Haven't seen any since.

I want a simple autograph of Bear on a card cutout and add it in a frame with a picture of him leaning on the goalpost in that one picture. Wanted to do the same with Ty Cobb and that popular picture of him sliding into third base.

I just saw an auction where a guy found two of his hats in Bear's old Cadillac he was having restored.

1638839117348.png

Last edited:
I got Bears autograph personally. Sat in his couch, (not on it) that felt like you were sinking in, all I could muster up to say to him was Roll Tide, His reply you ask? OK, son, and I got a pat on the head. Felt like a Dumbass.

I want a simple autograph of Bear on a card cutout and add it in a frame with a picture of him leaning on the goalpost in that one picture. Wanted to do the same with Ty Cobb and that popular picture of him sliding into third base.

I just saw an auction where a guy found two of his hats in Bear's old Cadillac he was having restored.

View attachment 19796

Ha! I saw that... that old school cap is fire.

Does anyone know the story on this football? Such as why they were issued, was it just to celebrate those three championships?

Attachments

• ALA FB.jpg
    ALA FB.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 4
  • ALA FB 1.jpg
    ALA FB 1.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 4
  • ALA FB 2.jpg
    ALA FB 2.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 5
  • ALA FB 4.jpg
    ALA FB 4.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 4
  • ALA FB3.jpg
    ALA FB3.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 3
I've had it in a glass display case, out of direct sunlight since it was given to me a few years ago. Even the most faded signature, which is Ken Donahue's, is still readable. Sadly, I'm probably the last Bama fan in my family.
I agree with you on signatures, but there's no emphasis put on writing anymore.

Back
Top Bottom