| GOLF Ralph Lauren drops sponsorship of Justin Thomas

Obscene and foul (not fowl) language does not disparage a group of people who spend billions of dollars on your product. If your behavior jeapordizes the relationship between a company and key consumer groups (LGBTQ, veterans, moms, Hispanics, African-Americans, etc), they won’t want you as a spokesperson/representative.
What about the group that is offended by the political correctness of some of these groups? Eventually they are going to stop being the silent majority once they are fed up. I guess until that time this will continue.

Obscene and foul (not fowl) language does not disparage a group of people who spend billions of dollars on your product. If your behavior jeapordizes the relationship between a company and key consumer groups (LGBTQ, veterans, moms, Hispanics, African-Americans, etc), they won’t want you as a spokesperson/representativea.
And yet Nike...choose Kaperdick....to be spokes person....and insults Veterans...big time

And yet Nike...choose Kaperdick....to be spokes person....and insults Veterans...big time

Strategic play toward to the younger segment by Nike. Rest assured I haven't and won't be buying any of their merchandise or equipment, not that I'm their target market. Dick's Sports gets passed up by me, just Academy, and stray from Udder Armor, too.

Those are easy choices for me, I'm sure I can find a reason not to patronize other stores.

What about the group that is offended by the political correctness of some of these groups? Eventually they are going to stop being the silent majority once they are fed up. I guess until that time this will continue.

No debate. But if Polo said nothing and did nothing after the "fa**ot" comment, there would be an uproar. Cancel culture is running rampant.

How many companies are paying you millions of dollars to represent them?

Absolutely none. But then I'm not a pro athlete, either.

Still.....getting dropped like that for one single word, which wasn't directed at a person, or a group of persons, or another company, or the company who dropped him, or anything like that, is asinine, in my opinion. It was directed at an inanimate object. So if a gay person or a group of gay persons gets offended at that, then that's their problem. Yeah, his sponsor dropped him. But I'm sure there will be another to come along and pick him up.

No debate. But if Polo said nothing and did nothing after the "fa**ot" comment, there would be an uproar. Cancel culture is running rampant.
So try doing nothing. Let the media make a stink for a few days. Until it cost them money they will not care. Again that is why the silent majority keeps being the doormat because they keep buying. I can't make everyone do it but I can do my part. Quit watching NFL/NBA. Until enough people do this kind of stuff will continue. I can't recall where I saw this but back several months ago I read where the NBA was going to switch back to not making the BLM stuff front and center. Why? Because it was impacting their business. That is how you speak to these people. They do not care about the cause but they do care about the bottom line $$$.

Obscene and foul (not fowl) language does not disparage a group of people who spend billions of dollars on your product. If your behavior jeapordizes the relationship between a company and key consumer groups (LGBTQ, veterans, moms, Hispanics, African-Americans, etc), they won’t want you as a spokesperson/representative.

Please, fowl language disparages religious groups and when pointed at someone when used negatively to hurt them. The PGA has thrown tens of millions to create more of a youth precense and you think fowl language from their biggest star is acceptable?

Strategic play toward to the younger segment by Nike. Rest assured I haven't and won't be buying any of their merchandise or equipment, not that I'm their target market. Dick's Sports gets passed up by me, just Academy, and stray from Udder Armor, too.

Those are easy choices for me, I'm sure I can find a reason not to patronize other stores.

Same here. Been buying our young kids New Balance. I have a pair of On's and love them.

What's the difference between Lesbian and Gay and Queer? I thought it meant Questioning, like they didn't know if they were gay a boy or a girl or some crap.
What’s really funny.....us boys in grade school use to be called gay all the time...cause we were HAPPY ....Sam Cooke even had a song aboutbeing gay...cause the were "gay (happy) dancing the night away"
I hate when people steal something and change the meaning...pisses me off...
And queer is what we what homosexuals were called.....and now they hate it...
Go figure

Was in the Navy. Locker room ain't shit...
Spot on there, had a retired Master Chief as a plant manager a while back.... great boss (seriously, I had a lot of respect for the man), cussed everybody the same but used new and inventive ways to phrase them. Our Ops Manager took at least 2 or 3 ass chewing's a week during our morning meetings in the control room, but in all fairness, he was a dumbass and deserved 99.8 % of them. :p 😁

What’s really funny.....us boys in grade school use to be called gay all the time...cause we were HAPPY ....Sam Cooke even had a song aboutbeing gay...cause the were "gay (happy) dancing the night away"
I hate when people steal something and change the meaning...pisses me off...
And queer is what we what homosexuals were called.....and now they hate it...
Go figure
A fag in Great Britain is a cigarette.

Back
Top Bottom