| GOLF Ralph Lauren drops sponsorship of Justin Thomas

He missed a put and said fa_g_ot. Dumb thing to think or say out loud. It's 2021, not 1980 ;).

I made a slur comment once and ended up going to Captains Mast in the Navy. Cost me a loss of rank amongst other things.

Today we all will need to think before we speak. I'm going to have to get a muzzle for my grandson. He will speak and not stop till he has said what on his mind.

Shiiiiiiit. I'd be telling him to keep doing what he's doing.

I say what's on my mind. And I don't give a shit if someone's offended or their feelings get hurt. If someone gets offended at what I say, then they can stop listening to me.

You don't have kids right?

That's terrible advice.

No, I don't have kids. But none of the kids in my family (me, my sister, nieces, nephews) have ever been told to not speak their mind. We don't censor each other in this family.

BUT.....

They've also been told to be able/prepared to defend and backup what they say.

He missed a put and said fa_g_ot. Dumb thing to think or say out loud. It's 2021, not 1980 ;).

I made a slur comment once and ended up going to Captains Mast in the Navy. Cost me a loss of rank amongst other things.

at work i objected to "take your daughter to work day" saying it should just be "take your CHILD to work day" if anything...
My female boss....went bananas.... told me to apologize,... of course i didnt..
Explained...it racist/ sexist to be inclusive based on race or sex or sexual orientation...( their words)... ( like-the incoming president did when selecting a VP) .....was fun watching them squirm.....she called me "just an old white male"...
Which was accurate ....lol

Shiiiiiiit. I'd be telling him to keep doing what he's doing.

I say what's on my mind. And I don't give a shit if someone's offended or their feelings get hurt. If someone gets offended at what I say, then they can stop listening to me.

How many companies are paying you millions of dollars to represent them?

Not sure if there is much we can do that makes a difference with the trajectory of things. Going to get even worse with the group that is about to go into office.

Personally I do not have to support these organizations. I have not and will not watch most pro sports (NBA, NFL etc..) due to their antics over the years and especially this year. They keep almost implying that I should be ashamed of myself for not aligning with their way of thinking to the point I should be apologizing for being a Christian white heterosexual male. Probably does not have much of an impact in the big scheme but I can sleep at night.

We knew it was coming to this.

I will need to borrow from Coach Fran......Hold the Rope

The same bankers that gave our Mother and Fathers or Grandmother and Grandfathers in 1929 are about to double down. It is always about the money regardless to what our useless history books teach us. F um all.

Don't go into a locker room then if you think this was bad. I'd say things if this nature are worse now than in 1980. Just look at hazing and how it has transformed.

Thank you for proving my point. I just find it funny you're calling Justin Thomas stupid and dumb for saying something like this when it's some of the same things, probably a lot tamer, than things you and others you've been around have said

Never said he was stupid or dumb. I said it was a dumb thing to say. It was dumb to say.

Never said he was stupid or dumb. I said it was a dumb thing to say. It was dumb to say.

Semantics, but basically doing something dumb makes you dumb for the time being. I'm not saying it was a smart thing to say, but who gives a shit. How are NFL players allowed to say it on the field and call each other much worse, but don't get drug through the mud over it? Thomas was not pointing that at anyone other than himself. How is he nit allowed to insult himself? I highly doubt he was calling himself a lover of men, yet using it in an immature manner to call it a bad putt. Pretty sure we've all used the term somewhere in life, and it didn't crush anyone's soul. But if it was worth Ralph Lauren wasting millions on and will repair the damaged community that is taking this so hard, then that's fine too I guess. Hopefully it shows Thomas no one has his back other than himself in life.

When people get emotional things are said in the heat of the moment. You could argue they should have more self control but move on. Look at the persons actions and see if there is a history of this behavior. We are human and make mistakes. EVERYTHING shouldn't be about the politics of the day. This gets so tiring. I am sure the particular group that feels they are wronged could say the same thing.

When people get emotional things are said in the heat of the moment. You could argue they should have more self control but move on. Look at the persons actions and see if there is a history of this behavior. We are human and make mistakes. EVERYTHING shouldn't be about the politics of the day. This gets so tiring. I am sure the particular group that feels they are wronged could say the same thing.

you know there is a race of Americans that is not allowed :
....to make mistakes
....to be human
....to have opinions
....to have to be responsible for generations action
....to not be proud of heritage
.....just aint allowed....

Tiger Woods has a reputation for obscene and fowl language, so what's your point?

Obscene and foul (not fowl) language does not disparage a group of people who spend billions of dollars on your product. If your behavior jeapordizes the relationship between a company and key consumer groups (LGBTQ, veterans, moms, Hispanics, African-Americans, etc), they won’t want you as a spokesperson/representative.

Back
Top Bottom