| FTBL Radio delay software to sync radio audio and TV broadcast

eatidefan

I know many of you hate to listen to the TV commentators as muchas I do. So for several years I have been using a radiodelay program (freeware) that allowsme to sync the FM radio audio with televisionbroadcast picture. Details of software and website url are below.<o:p></o:p>
Basically you install the software on any laptop or PCwith audio in (mic) and audio out ports (normallythese are 3.5 mm ports that accept standard mini headphone plugs). You will need2 cables with 3.5 mm plugs on each end readily available at radio shack, bestbuy…etc <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/></v:shapetype><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_5" o:spid="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75" style='width:98.4pt;height:98.4pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\Users\dsmith\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\02\clip_image001.jpg" o:title="3.5"/></v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->
The set up is simple:<o:p></o:p>
Take any FM radiowith an audio out port (head phone, ear plug) tune it to your favorite station thatbroadcast Alabama football….. adjust the volume <o:p></o:p>
Open the radio delay program on your computer<o:p></o:p>
Plug the audio cable into the audio out on the FM radioand the mic (audio in) on the computer.<o:p></o:p>
Start the radio delay program and you should hear the FMradio broadcast coming from the computerspeakers. Play around with the slide bar in the software to test the delaytime.<o:p></o:p>
If you want to listen using just the PC speakers stophere or<o:p></o:p>
Run the second cable from the computer audio out to the audioin on your surround sound or sound bar for a great football experience (this also gives remote control of the volume)
Once the game starts play with the slide bar to get the radioaudio delayed to the point that it syncs up with the TV action. On dish NetworkHD I usually have to delay the radio audio by 15-18 seconds, if watching fromover the air antenna (CBS) the delay is about 5-8 seconds. Within the first 2or 3 plays you can get the delay dialed in and then you are set for great radiocoverage of the TV broadcast.<o:p></o:p>
Occasionally I have had to make minor adjustments once ortwice during the game as the delay will vary. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> I hope some one finds this as helpful and enjoyable as I have </o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
DaanSystems<o:p></o:p>
http://www.daansystems.com/radiodelay/<o:p></o:p>
About Radiodelay<o:p></o:p>
Radiodelay is a tool to delay audio from your FM Radio in your TV tuner card or from an external input source. It is particulary usefulfor listening to sports commentary on the radio when watching TV. Radiocommentary is often a few seconds earlier than TV. RadioDelay is freeware. <o:p></o:p>
<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_4" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="software screenshot" style='width:289.2pt;height:196.8pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\Users\dsmith\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\02\clip_image003.gif" o:title="software screenshot"/></v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

Back
Top Bottom