| OT Hotels / Air B&B's for this weekend: 15 over $1000

Rooms at the Embassy Suites on Hotels.com are nearly $5,000 for a Friday and Saturday night. Hotel Capstone will cost more than $4,500 for the two nights. A total of 15 Tuscaloosa area hotels are currently charging at least $1,000 for a Friday and Saturday night stay for the game.

That includes an Econo Lodge. You know the situation is getting tight when an Econo Lodge is charging $1,037 for two nights. There are also more than 40 hotels in the area already sold out.

Now, some of you might be thinking an Airbnb is the play with hotel prices being so high. Prepare to spend plenty of cash on that as well.

Below is a map of some listings in the area. The one listed for just under $4,000 comes out to $9,410 with taxes and fees.

We used to rent out our house in Forest Lake for game days. It was a lot of fun and people really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it more than having long term student tenants, mainly because I got to decorate the house with all my football stuff and we'd make atleast $2,000 a game for two nights, easily.

I heard about some place in T'Town , a hotel near or on the close to the BDS that was going $3,000 a night! I was thinking that was a joke! But after hearing you that live near UA it isn't!

Back
Top Bottom