| FTBL QB Problem

moreno_iv said:
Some people just feel the need for instant gratification and can't see the forest for the trees. Oh how quickly we forget the pre-season expectations.

Well I picked Bama to go 7-5 before the season so I am not one of these people that think Saban will come in and win a NC. You cannot sit there and say that you would not at least like to see what the kid can do? JPW is very inconsistent right now. At the least sitting him down may straighten his thought process out some.

Bones82 said:
moreno_iv said:
Some people just feel the need for instant gratification and can't see the forest for the trees. Oh how quickly we forget the pre-season expectations.

Well I picked Bama to go 7-5 before the season so I am not one of these people that think Saban will come in and win a NC. You cannot sit there and say that you would not at least like to see what the kid can do? JPW is very inconsistent right now. At the least sitting him down may straighten his thought process out some.

Well, that was a little bit of a blanket statement, so don't take it personally. :wink:

Fans calling for a change in QBs can be really distracting to a team and cause problems. No matter what I would like to see, the worst thing in the world for a team is to have some sort of QB controversy. I want to see Bama win no matter what and I think JPW gives us the best shot at that in the big picture.

I would like to see what he can do, but I feel like CNS knows the situation better than me. Letting GM get in there may be detrimental to the team in the long run and we have to remember that CNS is re-building this program. There will be lumps that we will just have to take during that process.

moreno_iv said:
Bones82 said:
moreno_iv said:

Well, that was a little bit of a blanket statement, so don't take it personally. :wink:

Fans calling for a change in QBs can be really distracting to a team and cause problems. No matter what I would like to see, the worst thing in the world for a team is to have some sort of QB controversy. I want to see Bama win no matter what and I think JPW gives us the best shot at that in the big picture.

I would like to see what he can do, but I feel like CNS knows the situation better than me. Letting GM get in there may be detrimental to the team in the long run and we have to remember that CNS is re-building this program. There will be lumps that we will just have to take during that process.

Well put and I agree with what you are saying for the most part. What about the frustration of the recievers with JPW? I noticed on several passes some the recievers were displeased. Is that not somewhat detrimental?

I have noticed the look of frustration from DJ as well and it does trouble me. I hate to see players looking like they want to give up and that's what it has looked like.

But, maybe it's a case of DJ needing to get his butt off his shoulders and just go out there and play. Players need to be supportive of one another. Showing disgust and looking like they wanna give up tends to cause harsh feelings and divide a team.

I could be totally wrong on this and GM may be the one to go with, but I'd like to think I can trust the coaching staff (it makes me feel better).

I actually thought JPW played better this game because more attention to mechanics was payed prior week practice.
you can run against 8 men on the box but it has to be practiced glad we are getting back to more running and being more balanced cause we were becoming a finesse team.

moreno_iv said:
I have noticed the look of frustration from DJ as well and it does trouble me. I hate to see players looking like they want to give up and that's what it has looked like.

But, maybe it's a case of DJ needing to get his butt off his shoulders and just go out there and play. Players need to be supportive of one another. Showing disgust and looking like they wanna give up tends to cause harsh feelings and divide a team.

I could be totally wrong on this and GM may be the one to go with, but I'd like to think I can trust the coaching staff (it makes me feel better).

Let's just hope JPW gets it together or GM or whomever because you can bet that every team will be stacking the box from here on out.

I thought Coach Saban said it very well. As a team we lack the killer instinct. We had Arkansas down by 21 twice and let them back in, and we had Houston down by 23 and let them back in. As exploseive as many offenses are today, and as thin as we are on defense, we can't afford for the offense to let up. I don't know if it is poor execution or overly conservative play calling, but we just can't lose intensity just because we've got a lead.

Back
Top Bottom