| NEWS Projecting Alabama’s depth chart after spring practice - AL.com

Coming out of spring camp it was a three man battle between Randolph, Latham, and Damieon George. George started with the 1's in the first scrimmage and Randolph started with the 1's in the second and third scrimmage. In the second scrimmage George started with the 1's but he was at right guard.

It gets interesting when you consider the spring Tommy Brown had playing guard along with Ekiyor. There's a lot of speculation TB takes the guard spot (versus George) to start the season.

My gut tells me Randolph returns to his traditional blocking tight end role and we see George and Latham battle for the starting job in the fall.

That all makes sense. When he comes in as that blocker, they just ground and pound teams.

I didn't realize George had made so much progress... Also thought because of his big he was he may end up at guard. But if he can move at that size and play OT, watch out!

That all makes sense. When he comes in as that blocker, they just ground and pound teams.

I didn't realize George had made so much progress... Also thought because of his big he was he may end up at guard. But if he can move at that size and play OT, watch out!
In my opinion the thing to keep in mind is "history," so to speak. We see they had different tackles and different guards running with the 1's this spring. We're going to see that again this fall.

It's fun thinking about the moving pieces. If they have someone who can man the left guard position as well as Ekiyor can, do they leave him on the right? Weigh that versus have him and Neal on the left on running plays. It's my opinion Owens is the guy at center due to his experience which gives them a little leeway starting a new guy at left guard: two vets on either side. Now they're throwing experience next to the new tackle on the right if they can leave Ekiyor on the right side.

They're going to shuffle this fall as they do each spring and fall. In my view the guys are fitting together nicely. We've got a few we can watch play guard or tackle this fall and they'll be the sixth guy.

As another little thought...Randolph as the traditional blocking tight end gives a new right tackle time to acclimate.

Was bound to happen in that D Backfield. I'm expecting at least 1 or 2 more before school is out. There's another crowded backfield as well 😏

When is the last time CNS hit on a JUCO cat? RW had some bad luck with the injury, but the JUCO tree has been tough to shake. I remember Deion Belue being a nice pick up. We had another starting CB who got torched in a title game vs Clemson, but the name is escaping me. I think he went pro after that year too.

There are just so many talented freshman coming in each year, that it's tough for JUCO's to step right in. You have to clearly beat out a 4/5 star cat, if not the staff just has to go with the younger guy. And TBH it may be easier to initially program a HS kid than re program a JUCO kid. I'm sure these schemes are no joke!

Was bound to happen in that D Backfield. I'm expecting at least 1 or 2 more before school is out. There's another crowded backfield as well 😏

When is the last time CNS hit on a JUCO cat? RW had some bad luck with the injury, but the JUCO tree has been tough to shake. I remember Deion Belue being a nice pick up. We had another starting CB who got torched in a title game vs Clemson, but the name is escaping me. I think he went pro after that year too.

There are just so many talented freshman coming in each year, that it's tough for JUCO's to step right in. You have to clearly beat out a 4/5 star cat, if not the staff just has to go with the younger guy. And TBH it may be easier to initially program a HS kid than re program a JUCO kid. I'm sure these schemes are no joke!
Was it Savion?

I’m excited to see what OC O’Brien can do with our 2 TE sets and with the potential to go 3 TEs with Randolph and Latu in the line with Billingsley lined up as an H Back. A LOT of possibilities there with those 3, Metchie, and any one of the RBs lined up behind BY!!

1619321905711.gif

Back
Top Bottom