| FTBL Practice reports at this time of the camp (and why I don't pay a lot of attention to some.)

TerryP

Staff
There are more than a handful of reports over on the Daily News Page covering the weekend. They'll be up until Monday morning and then you can find them in Crimson Tide this week. (FYI, CTTW will eventually be whittled down to cover the past seven days.)

Now, on to things about practice.

Hype of Marlon is still at its peak. He's not practicing in pads, yet, so I'm far from convinced he's going to threaten the starting corners. With MH, my doubts still remain on whether he's strong enough to be able to play solid bump and run without opposing receivers just pushing him out of the way.

It's not surprising that Dominick Jackson was seeing reps at left tackle yesterday. Again, we're talking working in shells at the most. What does that tell us? He's learning the position and calls. It's a position I still don't want to see a true frosh man (Cam) and it's also a position I won't pay a lot of attention to the rotations reported until the beginning of the fourth week of camp.

Pessimism leads me to wonder about a sophomore slump but also leads me to believe we'll see a lot of rotation on the defensive line this fall.

Reports are encouraging on Eddie Jackson's rehabilitation with his knee surgery. He's running and jumping, not wearing a black non-contact jersey, but certainly not game ready.

The three guys who are suspended were seen in the media viewing period. Make of that what you will. I choose to remember these early practices are all about drills, drills, and then some drills when time is available.

As tired as I am of seeing threads about Auburn around the 'net there's one point to consider. Several people have mentioned Phillip Marshall posting about the media being allowed to view around 20 minutes of warm-ups but you can tell Auburn is a national title contender. Why am I mentioning this?

You can't tell a damn thing from early viewing periods this time of the year—at Auburn, or at Alabama.

**There's my rant of the weekend...I feel better.

Back
Top Bottom