| FTBL Poistion Breakdown LSU vs Bama

It Takes Eleven said:
bayoulsucajun said:
if this is so ridiculous, tell me where i am wrong

Choosing Miles over Saban proves your lack of objectivity. If Miles was the better coach, y'all wouldn't have been whining, ringing hands and spewing venom since he took the Bama job. You take a coach from OK State, and we take a coach from the NFL with NC and conference championship credentials.

You look like Blanco and Nagin standing under a storm cloud.

RTR,

Tim
Saban vs. molester what a joke dude you noticed guys he only used miles record at LSU for blown games please show me the Okie state blow outs miles suffered! Let's see:2002-K-State L 44-9
2003-Okla L 52-9
2003-Texas L 55-16
2004-T. Tech L 33-7
Your point is Stupid Dude! nuff said!

bear facts said:
bayoulsucajun said:
Perrilouix has thrown a total of five passes all year, so do you really believe Auburn thought he might actually throw one? All I know is that your offense becomes less dimensional with Perrilouix on the field.

Perrilloux's season stats: 29-41 for 414 yards 6 TD's and 1 INT.

41>5 so perrilloux has thrown 8.2 more times than you claimed

I stand corrected. That's what I get for taking a broadcast analyst's word. Maybe he was referring to SEC play. Regardless, I should have looked Perriloux's numbers up; just didn't want to expend the energy.

All I know is that I hope Les(s) continues the tag-team show at QB. It's gonna eventually bite him big time.

Okay, here's the breakdown; let's get a real perspective of Perriloux's passing numbers.

Yes, he is 29-41 on the year but 20 of those completions came off MTSU. He is actually 26-33 against non-conference opponents (1-3 for -1 yards against Tulane), but it really gets interesting against SEC competition.

In LSU's five SEC games Perriloux is 3-8 for a whopping 33 yards and 2 of those completions coming off Mississippi State in the season opener.

Perriloux is now 1-5 for 12 yards in his last four SEC games (against South Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, and Auburn).

Like I alluded to earlier, he has not been a passing threat against tough SEC competition. I don't even think Les(s) has substituted Perriloux in an apparent passing down situation.

Periloux was nothing more than a momentum killer and drive stopper against Auburn. I sure hope Les(s) continues to use him like he does.

Perilloux may not be an available option for the Tiggers next week. Some rumblings on a LSU board that he and his posse were acting naughty at a Baton Rouge nightspot. Possible weapon and police involvment. The board mods removed all references to it, but there seems to be some concern among LeSUers.

Rumor, yes. But, originating on a Tigger board? Hmmm...

bayoulsucajun said:
QB - Flynn/Perriloux vs John Parker Wilson - Flynn and JPW are similar in throwing ability. The thing that separates them is Flynn's running ability. He is very good at getting 3rd downs with his feet. Perriloux coming in and banging for some yards is also nice to have at QB. Advantage LSU

RB - Lsu has 5 guys that can have a great game. Holliday, Murphy, Scott, Hester and Williams all have shined this year. My prediction is this will be a Charles Scott game. Alabama has coffee and grant and some nice other runners but they dont compare to lsu's tandem. Advantage LSU

WR/TE - Doucet and Hall are both great. Lets say they cancel each other out. D Byrd has come up huge as of late. See the Auburn game. Tolliver has been as good as advertised. Lafell probably wont leave the bench much after his poor performance. Dickson has been a steady receiver at TE. Alabama's crew besides hall has not been on par with LSU's. Advantage LSU

OL - Alabama has given up 14 sacks this season. Lsu has given up 19 against much better competition. LSU run blocks better than Bama. Push

DL - Dorsey, Jackson, Favorite, Pittman and the rest have been called out in the media. They are ready to show who they are for the second half of the season. The fact that they are well rested does not bode well for JPW. Bama has gilberry and some nice players but cant compare to the best DL in the nation. Advantage LSU

LB's - Highsmith is a mid season All-american. Beckwith is highly rated as well. No Comparison here. Advantage LSU

DB's - Jackson and Zenon are the best CB tandem in the sec. Taylor has picked up where landry left off and Steltz has been great. Castille has been hyped up and is a solid player. The rest of the crew isnt as good. Advantage LSU

Special Teams - Bama has had better returns but teams have kicked away from holliday. See the Auburn game again with the dumb squib kicks. Colt Davis is 14-19 and Bama's kicker is 15-22. Push

Pelini vs. Applewhite - Pelini has more years under his belt. He has been called the best coordinator in all of america. Applewhite went to the same high school that produced Warrick Dunn, David Dellucci and Travis Minor. He learned from good coaches there and at Texas. I still think his youth hurts him in this battle. Advantage LSU

Crowton vs. Saban - Crowton has done a good job of spreading the wealth. LSU has so many weapons on offense and Crowton has called the right number a lot. Saban has had great defenses with aggresive blitzing schemes. Flynn has seen them in practice for 2 years. Sabans d does have holes. The Fade route and the rb slipping in the middle of the field are the 2 main ones. Push

Miles vs. Saban - Saban is more aggressive on D. Miles is more aggressive on O. Saban likes to sit on the lead. Miles likes to attack more. Sabans record when he was here.
8-4 Peach Bowl,
10-3 Sugar Bowl
8-5 Cotton Bowl (loss)
13-1 National Champs
9-3 Capitol One Bowl (loss)

Miles is 11-2 Peach bowl
11-2 Sugar Bowl
7-1

Saban also got blown more than people remember when he was here:
34-17 Auburn 2000, 41-9 to Florida in 2000, 13-10 UAB (not a blowout but an embarrassment)
44-15 Florida 2001,
26-8 to VT in 02, 31-7 Auburn, 31-0 Alabama
2004 45-16 Georgia

Miles losses are by 3 points, 4, 13 , 6 and one 20 point blowout to Georgia.

Advantage Miles

Prediction LSU 31 Bama 17

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

bamascott2 said:
Perilloux may not be an available option for the Tiggers next week. Some rumblings on a LSU board that he and his posse were acting naughty at a Baton Rouge nightspot. Possible weapon and police involvment. The board mods removed all references to it, but there seems to be some concern among LeSUers.

Rumor, yes. But, originating on a Tigger board? Hmmm...
perilloux got beat up!!! according to AJC.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/stories/2007/10/28/lsu_1029.html?imw=Y

MDBtrumpet04 said:
Let's do some math shall we bayou since you want to spit out stats:

LSU leads the conference in penalties with 69. Talk about an undisciplined bunch. Alabama has 44.

Alabama's top 2 rushers combine for 1110
LSU's top 2 rushers combine for 827.

Alabama's top 2 receivers combine for 1021
LSU's top 2 receivers combine for 658.

BTW, you're analysis is pure opinion, not fact. If you want to go with simple stats, Bama leads in rushing and receiving, try again.

The reason your top 2 rushers have more yards is because we use 5 running backs not 2.

The reason your top 2 receivers have more yards is because early has been hurt for most of the season

bayoulsucajun said:
MDBtrumpet04 said:

LSU leads the conference in penalties with 69. Talk about an undisciplined bunch. Alabama has 44.

BTW, you're analysis is pure opinion, not fact. If you want to go with simple stats, Bama leads in rushing and receiving, try again.

The reason your top 2 rushers have more yards is because we use 5 running backs not 2.

The reason your top 2 receivers have more yards is because early has been hurt for most of the season

So what is the combined rushing totals for your five backs?

So how do you know LSU would have more receiving yards if Early had not been hurt? Pure speculation and something you can not prove.

bear facts said:
bayoulsucajun said:
MDBtrumpet04 said:

So what is the combined rushing totals for your five backs?

So how do you know LSU would have more receiving yards if Early had not been hurt? Pure speculation and something you can not prove.

Our rb's of scott, hester, murphy, williams and holliday have a total of 1402 yards combined.

Your second question is completely idiotic. let me dumb it down for you. Early and Lafell are our top 2 receivers. Early has 246 yards receiving and Lafell has 412 yards. Early has only played in 4 of the 8 games this season. If he had played in 8 games instead of 4 he would have more receiving yards. Yes lafell would probably have a little less because early would be the go to guy, but the 2 would still combine for more yards because they would have a total of 16 games and not 12. You understand now?

TerryP said:
bayoulsucajun said:

Try this on for size. You'll see Alabama line up on offense with a 3 wide set, sometimes 4, sending DJ Hall into the inside slot and the RB or WR outside. It forces a mismatch on DJ which results in Alabama being able to move the ball.

Why do I think that? Because both UF and UK did it and did it successfully.

If Alabama gets into the red zone, they score.

Why? Because every time a team has made it in the red zone against LSU they've scored.

Sure, you have some great talent on defense. But, they've been playing without a lot of fundamental discipline for weeks now. Talent advantage? Sure. The question boils down to who plays with the most concentration and discipline.

A 14 point victory when over the last decade, one of our worst in history, the average game has been decided by a margin of around 5 pts.

We can win this game. LSU is going to be the favorite. LSU should win this game. But, it is by no means a given and by no means as big of a mis-match as you've described.

I'm still waiting for this guy to respond to Terry's post.

jangalang said:
TerryP said:
bayoulsucajun said:

Try this on for size. You'll see Alabama line up on offense with a 3 wide set, sometimes 4, sending DJ Hall into the inside slot and the RB or WR outside. It forces a mismatch on DJ which results in Alabama being able to move the ball.

Why? Because every time a team has made it in the red zone against LSU they've scored.

Sure, you have some great talent on defense. But, they've been playing without a lot of fundamental discipline for weeks now. Talent advantage? Sure. The question boils down to who plays with the most concentration and discipline.

A 14 point victory when over the last decade, one of our worst in history, the average game has been decided by a margin of around 5 pts.

We can win this game. LSU is going to be the favorite. LSU should win this game. But, it is by no means a given and by no means as big of a mis-match as you've described.

If Bama is in a 3 or 4 wr set, then lsu will be in a nickel or dime. Our nickel back is Danny Mccray who is a cb/ss hybrid and a good cover guy. Our dime back is a chad jones who was the #1 safety coming out of high school last year. Either of these guys would pick up the wr in the slot. I am comfortable with both on him.

Yes. Every team that has gotten in the red zone has scored. But teams have only gotten in the red zone 19 times 3 of which came against UK in overtime. This stat doesnt bother me because it happens so rarely.

I agree our d's performance the past couple of weeks has not been up to par with the beginning of the season and end of last year. I think the week off will hlep get a lot of the kinks out. People forget that our starting d tackle is out for the year. Our starting d end is out because of grades. Chevis Jackson and Steltz were both knocked out of the Kentucky game in the third quarter. This team needed a week off to get well.

Last year we beat Alabama 28-14 in our second worst game of the season. The talent level hasnt changed much since last year. Saban is better than Shula but he cant work a miracle. I dont think my prediction is too far off.

bayoulsucajun said:
jangalang said:
TerryP said:
bayoulsucajun said:

If Bama is in a 3 or 4 wr set, then lsu will be in a nickel or dime. Our nickel back is Danny Mccray who is a cb/ss hybrid and a good cover guy. Our dime back is a chad jones who was the #1 safety coming out of high school last year. Either of these guys would pick up the wr in the slot. I am comfortable with both on him.

Thanks for the response...your points are very well taken. But you still have to be a bit nervous that UF and UK somewhat "exposed" this weakness and Bama uses the #1 WR in the SEC in these situations.

bayoulsucajun said:
jangalang said:
TerryP said:
bayoulsucajun said:
Last year we beat Alabama 28-14 in our second worst game of the season. The talent level hasnt changed much since last year. Saban is better than Shula but he cant work a miracle. I dont think my prediction is too far off.

First off that score is not at all indicative of the actual game. Bama lost that game in the 4th Quarter, which is when we lost all of our games last year. and the Saban miracle will be that Bama plays 60 minutes of football now. so if talent levels haven't changed much... but bama plays 60 minutes of football instead of 45, or even 30, then what does that lead you to believe???

bayoulsucajun said:
jangalang said:
TerryP said:
bayoulsucajun said:

Saban isn't the only coach that will make a difference over last year. Our OL was horrible last year. Now, after 9 months, we're putting together a decent bunch. Our Special Teams was horrible last season. Now, we're one of the top return games in the SEC. It will take another year or two for the new coaches to take full effect, but there is a noticable difference over last year.

jangalang said:
bayoulsucajun said:
jangalang said:
TerryP said:
bayoulsucajun said:

Thanks for the response...your points are very well taken. But you still have to be a bit nervous that UF and UK somewhat "exposed" this weakness and Bama uses the #1 WR in the SEC in these situations.

I am not sure UF was exposed. They are beaten up especially tebow. Tough games against auburn, lsu and kentucky have run their course.

The Kentucky loss certainly did not help LSU's chances of getting to the national championship game.

You could also say Georgia was exposed against UT and FSU was exposed against Miami

Back
Top Bottom