| FTBL Poistion Breakdown LSU vs Bama

Still would love to see how Lswho matched up with
Kentucky.This is how i have it
Kentucky: Coaches, WR's, QB's, Line and RB's = WIn
Lswho Coaches and team = LOSS
Still bet you had an easy Win on your paper. :lol:

moreno_iv said:
bayoulsucajun said:
We all know if Saban had asked to come back to LSU in January, you LSU fans would have run Miles out of town fast than you can say Gumbo.

Give me a break. There is no way we would have welcomed saban back. That is some rumor made up by bama fans to make themselves feel like they are getting what they are paying for.

Maybe you're just a supremely insecure LSWho who feels the need to try and prove to everyone that you are better than they are. That sounds more likely. Are you sitting in your Mom's basement typing away in the dark with your Devo action figures looking on? I bet you're listening to Culture Club and petting your little hairless cat dreaming of Les Miles. It must be lonely in a swampy murky basement that stinks of gator turds and mothballs.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bayoulsucajun said:
RollTideRandy said:
Guys, what he posted is not even correct. He said other than Castille, the rest of our DBs...

The rest of the crew isnt as good.

Kareem Jackson has been SEC defensive freshman of the week twice the season and last week CBS named Rashad Johnson one of the top ten impact players for the first half of the SEC season. I didn't see any LSU DBs on that list. Oh, but I guess he's right, our DBs are not very good. LSU has us beat there. :roll:

Your defense has given up 1789 yards passing and ours has given up 1285 against much better competition. I think i will take our secondary

OK, since you obviously don’t know a lot about football, allow be to try and explain defense to you…

First off, I’m not such a huge homer that I am going to feel the need to justify why Alabama is better at every position than LSU. I’m not going to try and claim Alabama has a better defensive line or Linebackers than LSU, because that just isn’t true. See here’s the thing, when you have a great front four, one that can get pressure on the quarterback without having to blitz, you get to have more guys in converage in passing situations. The QB has less time to throw and it makes the passing game more difficult. In this regard, the front four is actually HELPING the DBs play pass defense and that is exactly what is happening here.

Bama struggles to get pressure when only rushing three or four. This gives the QB more time to throw and allows him to execute better. LSU, gives a quarterback less than five seconds to throw even when rushing only four guys. This causes their passing stats to be superior to Alabama’s even though they may not have superior athletes in the secondary.

You can go back and look at the recruiting rankings on Rivals and see that Bama has scored some of the top DB classes in the Nation over the past five years (including the #1 DB class in ’06). Problem is, Bama signed too many DBs while leaving positions such as D-line and linebacker unattended (and if you browse the archive of the recruiting forum here, you will see many posters such as myself complaining about that). Whether you want to believe it or not, Bama has a world of talent in their secondary. Kareem Jackson and Castille are two of the best corners in the SEC. Rashad Johnson may be the best strong safety in the SEC right now (and according to CBS Sportsline, he is). Marcus Carter is a very fast and hard nosed player at free safety (though sometimes his tackling could be better). The nickel back, Lionel Mitchell led our team in picks last year before being bumped for Jackson. Arenas and Sharrief have been very good in Nickle and Dime situations.

So you see, regardless of how many passing yards have been given up, the truth is, Bama has a better crop of DBs right now than LSU. I’m pretty disappointed that you couldn’t do just a little research on Bama’s team before posting your long winded post above. Instead, you just wanted to be a homer and try and say your team is better at EVERY position than Alabama and that’s not true. Though I will not dispute that overall LSU has the more talented team, your analysis is overboard to the point of ridiculousness.

Here’s the bottom line, if LSU so overmatches a team that is currently 3-1 in the SEC to the extend you claim, how on earth has LSU lost a game this season? I mean LSU would have any team vastly over matched with such talent, to lose would signify a huge breakdown in coaching. But wait, no, you are claiming LSU also has the greatest coaching staff EVER! So that’s not it either. Do you see, that is why your claim that LSU has such an overwhelming advantage is silly and ridiculous.

UF, UK, Auburn, and South Carolina all laid out the blue print for beating LSU. Only South Carolina didn't execute it properly and UF and Auburn werent able to pull it off.

I am not afraid of this LSU team, theyve been nothing but human as the season went along.

Win or lose for us, we still intend to not make it easy.

Buut you know, Id rather have a good team that does the right things to win than a great team that doesnt. We did the right things to UT, we do the right things to LSU, we have as good a shot as Kentucky, Florida, and Auburn (minus choop block) had.

There are several MAJOR issues with your argument.

You framed a Head-to-head argument between like sides of the ball and between non players. OL vs OL will not happen, so is irrelevant.

You do not include factors like home field advantage or momentum.

You're making the assessment. You can't frame a simple comparison, how in the world can your assessment of players be worth anything?

comic5rp4.jpg

the Flynn/JPW thing. u said JPW doesnt have what Flynn does...running ability, being able to pick up a first down with his feet and scramble. ummm have u watched an Alabama game? imo and im sure many others JP has more running ability than flynn

Flynn runs a 4.53 40

JPW runs a 4.7

We use flynn in the option some. He is a dual threat QB. JPW is a pocket passer

Perrilouix has thrown a total of five passes all year, so do you really believe Auburn thought he might actually throw one? All I know is that your offense becomes less dimensional with Perrilouix on the field.

Perrilloux's season stats: 29-41 for 414 yards 6 TD's and 1 INT.

41>5 so perrilloux has thrown 8.2 more times than you claimed

bayoulsucajun said:
Perrilouix has thrown a total of five passes all year, so do you really believe Auburn thought he might actually throw one? All I know is that your offense becomes less dimensional with Perrilouix on the field.

Perriloux's season stats: 29-41 for 414 yards 6 TD's and 1 INT.

41>5 so perriloux has thrown 820% more passes than you claimed

Even under Napoleonic Code, that's 720%. :D

bayoulsucajun said:
the Flynn/JPW thing. u said JPW doesnt have what Flynn does...running ability, being able to pick up a first down with his feet and scramble. ummm have u watched an Alabama game? imo and im sure many others JP has more running ability than flynn

Flynn runs a 4.53 40

JPW runs a 4.7

You’re using your homerish tunnel vision again. Jerome Bettis ran a 4.8/40 while former Auburn running back “Lectron” Williams ran a 4.3/40. Are you next going to try and make a case as to why Williams was a better running back than Bettis? Or, is your point merely that a QB has to run the option to be considered “dual threat”? In that case, I guess Randall Cunningham wasn’t a good runner cause I never saw him run the option, he must have just been a pocket passer.

RollTideRandy said:
bayoulsucajun said:

Flynn runs a 4.53 40

JPW runs a 4.7

You’re using your homerish tunnel vision again. Jerome Bettis ran a 4.8/40 while former Auburn running back “Lectron” Williams ran a 4.3/40. Are you next going to try and make a case as to why Williams was a better running back than Bettis? Or, is your point merely that a QB has to run the option to be considered “dual threat”? In that case, I guess Randall Cunningham wasn’t a good runner cause I never saw him run the option, he must have just been a pocket passer.

They dont run the option in the pro's. Cunningham was definitely a dual threat qb.

If you think JPW is a better runner than flynn then you have never seen flynn play.

bayoulsucajun said:

Perrilloux's season stats: 29-41 for 414 yards 6 TD's and 1 INT.

41>5 so perrilloux has thrown 8.2 more times than you claimed

I stand corrected. That's what I get for taking a broadcast analyst's word. Maybe he was referring to SEC play. Regardless, I should have looked Perriloux's numbers up; just didn't want to expend the energy.

All I know is that I hope Les(s) continues the tag-team show at QB. It's gonna eventually bite him big time.

bayoulsucajun said:
QB - Flynn/Perriloux vs John Parker Wilson - Flynn and JPW are similar in throwing ability. The thing that separates them is Flynn's running ability. He is very good at getting 3rd downs with his feet. Perriloux coming in and banging for some yards is also nice to have at QB. Advantage LSU

RB - Lsu has 5 guys that can have a great game. Holliday, Murphy, Scott, Hester and Williams all have shined this year. My prediction is this will be a Charles Scott game. Alabama has coffee and grant and some nice other runners but they dont compare to lsu's tandem. Advantage LSU

WR/TE - Doucet and Hall are both great. Lets say they cancel each other out. D Byrd has come up huge as of late. See the Auburn game. Tolliver has been as good as advertised. Lafell probably wont leave the bench much after his poor performance. Dickson has been a steady receiver at TE. Alabama's crew besides hall has not been on par with LSU's. Advantage LSU

OL - Alabama has given up 14 sacks this season. Lsu has given up 19 against much better competition. LSU run blocks better than Bama. Push

DL - Dorsey, Jackson, Favorite, Pittman and the rest have been called out in the media. They are ready to show who they are for the second half of the season. The fact that they are well rested does not bode well for JPW. Bama has gilberry and some nice players but cant compare to the best DL in the nation. Advantage LSU

LB's - Highsmith is a mid season All-american. Beckwith is highly rated as well. No Comparison here. Advantage LSU

DB's - Jackson and Zenon are the best CB tandem in the sec. Taylor has picked up where landry left off and Steltz has been great. Castille has been hyped up and is a solid player. The rest of the crew isnt as good. Advantage LSU

Special Teams - Bama has had better returns but teams have kicked away from holliday. See the Auburn game again with the dumb squib kicks. Colt Davis is 14-19 and Bama's kicker is 15-22. Push

Normally I wouldn't bother, but since I'm realllllly bored, let me show how someone attempts to be objective.

QB: If the "Ole Miss" JPW shows up, I'll give the nod to LSU. If UT JPW shows up, I have to take JPW. Here's why.
JPW is 4th in the SEC in passing yards/game
Flynn is 8th

RB: Push. If Hester is 100% healthy, he can bruise a Defense up. That said, if Terry Grant is on his game, he's a homerun threat.

WR: Sorry, I give a slight advantage to Bama. A healthy Early is a stud. A healthy DJ is slightly better. DJ was 12th in the nation last season in ypg. Early was 78th. This season DJ is currently 16th, Early (because of injury) isn't listed. Alabama is 47th in passing ypg, LSU is 79th. As for TE's, LSU has a slight advantage. The envolvement of the TE at Alabama has increased every game this season. If QB play is equally close, I think Alabama deserves the edge here.

OL: A push... maybe. Our OL has improved ALOT since the first game. Even more since last season, but not there yet. I think maybe an LSU lean.

DL: LSU

LB: LSU

DB: Push. If Kareem contiues to improve, I'll take our corners and hard hitting safety any day. For now... Push

Special Teams: I'll break it out

Return game: Alabama. People have kicked away from Arenas also, those who haven't have paid.

Kicking game: LSU. Tiffin has improved alot, but doesn't have the strongest leg.

That's what happens when you TRY to be objective. Give it a shot, won't you?

bayoulsucajun said:
QB - Flynn/Perriloux vs John Parker Wilson - Flynn and JPW are similar in throwing ability. The thing that separates them is Flynn's running ability. He is very good at getting 3rd downs with his feet. Perriloux coming in and banging for some yards is also nice to have at QB. Advantage LSU

RB - Lsu has 5 guys that can have a great game. Holliday, Murphy, Scott, Hester and Williams all have shined this year. My prediction is this will be a Charles Scott game. Alabama has coffee and grant and some nice other runners but they dont compare to lsu's tandem. Advantage LSU

WR/TE - Doucet and Hall are both great. Lets say they cancel each other out. D Byrd has come up huge as of late. See the Auburn game. Tolliver has been as good as advertised. Lafell probably wont leave the bench much after his poor performance. Dickson has been a steady receiver at TE. Alabama's crew besides hall has not been on par with LSU's. Advantage LSU

OL - Alabama has given up 14 sacks this season. Lsu has given up 19 against much better competition. LSU run blocks better than Bama. Push

DL - Dorsey, Jackson, Favorite, Pittman and the rest have been called out in the media. They are ready to show who they are for the second half of the season. The fact that they are well rested does not bode well for JPW. Bama has gilberry and some nice players but cant compare to the best DL in the nation. Advantage LSU

LB's - Highsmith is a mid season All-american. Beckwith is highly rated as well. No Comparison here. Advantage LSU

DB's - Jackson and Zenon are the best CB tandem in the sec. Taylor has picked up where landry left off and Steltz has been great. Castille has been hyped up and is a solid player. The rest of the crew isnt as good. Advantage LSU

Special Teams - Bama has had better returns but teams have kicked away from holliday. See the Auburn game again with the dumb squib kicks. Colt Davis is 14-19 and Bama's kicker is 15-22. Push

Pelini vs. Applewhite - Pelini has more years under his belt. He has been called the best coordinator in all of america. Applewhite went to the same high school that produced Warrick Dunn, David Dellucci and Travis Minor. He learned from good coaches there and at Texas. I still think his youth hurts him in this battle. Advantage LSU

Crowton vs. Saban - Crowton has done a good job of spreading the wealth. LSU has so many weapons on offense and Crowton has called the right number a lot. Saban has had great defenses with aggresive blitzing schemes. Flynn has seen them in practice for 2 years. Sabans d does have holes. The Fade route and the rb slipping in the middle of the field are the 2 main ones. Push

Miles vs. Saban - Saban is more aggressive on D. Miles is more aggressive on O. Saban likes to sit on the lead. Miles likes to attack more. Sabans record when he was here.
8-4 Peach Bowl,
10-3 Sugar Bowl
8-5 Cotton Bowl (loss)
13-1 National Champs
9-3 Capitol One Bowl (loss)

Miles is 11-2 Peach bowl
11-2 Sugar Bowl
7-1

Saban also got blown more than people remember when he was here:
34-17 Auburn 2000, 41-9 to Florida in 2000, 13-10 UAB (not a blowout but an embarrassment)
44-15 Florida 2001,
26-8 to VT in 02, 31-7 Auburn, 31-0 Alabama
2004 45-16 Georgia

Miles losses are by 3 points, 4, 13 , 6 and one 20 point blowout to Georgia.

Advantage Miles

Prediction LSU 31 Bama 17

You might want to spell " Poistion " correct.

Try maybe position.

bayoulsucajun said:

Flynn runs a 4.53 40

JPW runs a 4.7

wtf does their 40 times have to do with whether or not JP's a good scrambler or not? great, Flynn runs the option that pads his rushing stats but for the most part he doesnt evade the blitz or pressure very well. that is something that JP does very well.

Actually, JP runs a 4.62 and Flynn runs a 4.54. But, the fact that you used this as a factor in their comparison is pretty ridiculous.

It's stuff you hear in High School.

"But, he runs a 4.3! He's gotta be good!!!"

Let's do some math shall we bayou since you want to spit out stats:

LSU leads the conference in penalties with 69. Talk about an undisciplined bunch. Alabama has 44.

Alabama's top 2 rushers combine for 1110
LSU's top 2 rushers combine for 827.

Alabama's top 2 receivers combine for 1021
LSU's top 2 receivers combine for 658.

BTW, you're analysis is pure opinion, not fact. If you want to go with simple stats, Bama leads in rushing and receiving, try again.

Back
Top Bottom