| FTBL Please participate in my poll!

Which best describes your opinion regarding Shula's termination?

• Shula’s criticism was justified, but he deserved one more year to prove himself.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I had concerns about Shula, but due to the unprecedented turnover since Bryant, recent sanctions, Sh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I believe whole heartedly that he was given his opportunity to provide a change up to his staff and he did not impress the powers that be. If this is true then I support the decision to fire him. If this is not true then Mal better have a big fish in the waiting.

Based on my complete lack of inside information, I thought Shula deserved another year. I also think that the university should have never pulled the trigger on this unless they had a replacement firmly in place.

musso said:
I'm deeply conflicted about Shula's firing, and I'm wondering how all of you feel about it.

I'm disappointed. Highly disappointed. Anybody who says the lost schollies didn't hurt us is naive. Our fan base is impatient to a fault and that will make it difficult to lure a "big name coach" to the Capstone.

CrimsonPirate said:
I'm disappointed. Highly disappointed. Anybody who says the lost schollies didn't hurt us is naive. Our fan base is impatient to a fault and that will make it difficult to lure a "big name coach" to the Capstone.

My thoughts exactly. I woke up this morning to learn that the U of A never learns.

listen people.....

CMS is a great guy and did provide the needed stablity during this time. I admit that he has done some good things....BUT, his teams did not improve!! I think WE as the Bama Nation have been very patient with CMS. Everybody knows the problems.....CMS did not show (in my opinion) that he was going to be able to take us to the next level.

If he had made some staff changes not rearrange his staff maybe he would have been given another shot!

I've seen enough from Shula to justify todays action.

Just to make a quick comparison, Georgia had a disappointing season to say the least. But Coach Richt was able to rescusitate his players and pull off a couple of wins that actually counted. When is the last time we did that?

Interesting quotes from some of the players

http://www.tidesports.com/article/20061127/NEWS/61127017/1016/NEWS

`It's what Alabama is known for right now,'' defensive end Wallace Gilberry said. ``One day we're going to find the right fit who's going to come in here and turn the program around.''

Center Antoine Caldwell seemed bemused that his coach could be fired so soon after that successful 2005 season

``I just feel like coach Shula had everything in place,'' Caldwell said. ``I feel like he had complete, 100 percent control of this football team. I feel like he had our program on track. It's almost like we didn't go 10-2, we didn't finish ranked No. 8 in the country - like that didn't even happen.''

:(

All I can do know is pray that Moore gets us the right guy. Otherwise, history will repeat itself... :cry:

ericd said:

Just to make a quick comparison, Georgia had a disappointing season to say the least. But Coach Richt was able to rescusitate his players and pull off a couple of wins that actually counted. When is the last time we did that?

When was the last time Georgia was rebounding from sanctions?

bear facts said:
ericd said:

When was the last time Georgia was rebounding from sanctions?

Heck, I'm nowhere near being a football coach, but if I had all day every day to sit and dream up plays, I THINK I could have found a way to get the freaking ball in the end zone from 2 yards out. Unfortunately, CMS was not able to do that.

We had more trips to the red zone than any other team in the SEC, with the least amount of points from that.

My point is that almost ANY other coach in the whole free world could have scored more points.

So sanctions or not, we were in place to win several games that we did not. The talent was there, the ball was there, but the score was not.

Back
Top Bottom