| FTBL Phil Steele ranks each Alabama position unit in 2018

Yeah, it's just annoying when I see some of these national writers writing about this shit knowing damn well they haven't seen a second of practice or even spoken to the coaches let alone players.
That's one of the reasons I read Saturday Down South very skeptically. It has been mentioned here that one of the guys who has written about Saban and some of this comments in press conferences has never been at a Saban press conference. As you would suspect, it is also a fan boi piece each time he's written something about Bama. (UT fan)

The majority of those blogs just watch the presser and report on it. I cant speak on SDS but its how most of them operate. They aren't credentialed anyway usually.

@BamaFan334, Why the rankings the way they are? They make sense to me even seeing your point.

RE: the thread about things getting crammed down our throats...

I suspect we're going to see a lot more of these types of rankings from people we know, a lot we don't know, and we'll question them as well. I ran across rankings on Twitter in the last few days that drew my attention. Here's one tweet:

It's not his rankings that catch my eye. I don't agree with him, but it's his opinion, right? Now, his reasoning? I've got an issue there.

@BamaFan334, Why the rankings the way they are? They make sense to me even seeing your point.

I suspect we're going to see a lot more of these types of rankings from people we know, a lot we don't know, and we'll question them as well. I ran across rankings on Twitter in the last few days that drew my attention. Here's one tweet:

It's not his rankings that catch my eye. I don't agree with him, but it's his opinion, right? Now, his reasoning? I've got an issue there.

Ha, yeah. That guy must need to pull down some formulas or something on his spreadsheet.

I guess I just expect more from these "experts". Sure, the casual football fan may know a guy or two on each team, where a bigger fan knows 90% of the starters and the type offenses and defenses they run. But I expect an expert to know the two deep and overall talent a team possesses. I know they aren't calculating "what ifs", but they technically are. Hurts and Tua are a Top 5 group, and though we have little on Tua we do have enough to say "wow", while Jalen is a proven winner. Where does he have Georgia ranked out of curiosity? They just have a similar situation, so maybe that'll put me in my place for now.

And the mystery is no longer a mystery...

Matt Hetzler
Matt Hetzler grew up in Franklin, Ohio. Matt attended Auburn University and Miami University (OH). Matt joined Arena Fanatic in 2013. Matt writes previews for teams from the Big Ten, Big 12, MAC and SEC.
Matt will be hitting the road with Tyler to visit some of college football’s best venues. War Eagle!

Stadium Reviews | Arena Reviews | College Arena Reviews | NBA Arena Reviews | College Football Stadium Reviews

Ha, yeah. That guy must need to pull down some formulas or something on his spreadsheet.

I guess I just expect more from these "experts". Sure, the casual football fan may know a guy or two on each team, where a bigger fan knows 90% of the starters and the type offenses and defenses they run. But I expect an expert to know the two deep and overall talent a team possesses. I know they aren't calculating "what ifs", but they technically are. Hurts and Tua are a Top 5 group, and though we have little on Tua we do have enough to say "wow", while Jalen is a proven winner. Where does he have Georgia ranked out of curiosity? They just have a similar situation, so maybe that'll put me in my place for now.

And the mystery is no longer a mystery...

Matt Hetzler
Matt Hetzler grew up in Franklin, Ohio. Matt attended Auburn University and Miami University (OH). Matt joined Arena Fanatic in 2013. Matt writes previews for teams from the Big Ten, Big 12, MAC and SEC.
Matt will be hitting the road with Tyler to visit some of college football’s best venues. War Eagle!

Stadium Reviews | Arena Reviews | College Arena Reviews | NBA Arena Reviews | College Football Stadium Reviews

Lord have mercy.

Back
Top Bottom