| FTBL Phil Savage leaving Alabama radio broadcast crew

• Thread starter Michael Casagrande | mcasagrande@al.com
  • Start date
Hello.......I'm sorry but Chris Stewart needs to do it! He is my pick to replace Eli Gold if/when it happens. Have y'all listened to Alabama's bball broadcast? They are actually exciting to listen to. Chris would do a great job and already does the halftime interviews with Saban for football radio anyway. Not sure how Chris is doing since his serious health scare but if he is ready he would be great.

Also do yall get the idea Phil has done something they are trying to keep squashed? First he looses his Senior bowl job, now he is out at Bama. Something may be going on.....

Also do yall get the idea Phil has done something they are trying to keep squashed? First he looses his Senior bowl job, now he is out at Bama. Something may be going on.....

Almost a month ago Phil was named the GM of the AAF team in Phoenix - Alliance Phoenix. The head coach is Rick Neuheisel (at least I don't have to listen to him sing and play guitar anymore... :puke:)

Bummer, but when I heard he had the GM job, I knew his time with Bama was coming to an end. I liked him paired with Eli. Either Watts or Johnson would be a good choice.

Hello.......I'm sorry but Chris Stewart needs to do it! He is my pick to replace Eli Gold if/when it happens. Have y'all listened to Alabama's bball broadcast? They are actually exciting to listen to. Chris would do a great job and already does the halftime interviews with Saban for football radio anyway. Not sure how Chris is doing since his serious health scare but if he is ready he would be great

If Eli were retiring........you would be correct. Eli does play by play, just like Stewart does for Basketball. Phil was the color guy. Gives "fill-in" from a football perspective. Typically this is a person who has played/coached the game and can add to the play by play guy and give nuances of what is going on defensively/offensively. Gonna be a football guy and not a radio guy hire.

JMO but absolutely don't want Barker. Would be fine with either Jones or Johnson. As others have said I would be fine with Stewart replacing Eli someday but CS isn't a color guy. If the timing were different it would be great to see/hear Ozzie in the booth but he is committed to NFL thru this next season. I do kind of think they will go after a former Saban player. I would like to hear a former defensive player up there but not sure who is available. I follow Will Lowery on twitter and am kind of intrigued by some of his analysis.

JMO but absolutely don't want Barker.
I never listened to the morning show that was on JOX. I did read more than a few comments over the years that mention how little Jay knew about what was going on with the team specifically in relation to some of the things Al Del Greco said about Bama. I came away with the impression he was woefully unprepared--or didn't bother to actually be prepared?

With no personal knowledge to base my opinions on, just observations of others, I'm with you.

Back
Top Bottom