| FTBL phil Fulmer has been served

G

Jox radio has reported that Phil Fulmer has been served at the SEC media days.

September 25 is the date for him to appear in court.

No link as of yet (at least that i could find).

Butt...

Did you see were Tubbs is ambushing the Sabanator today in the Ham. Tubbs is supposed to be at media days tomorrow, but he is so paranoid and insecure that he had to show up today and do media interviews. :x

FULMER SLAMS DOOR ON SUBPOENA TALK
July 24, 2008 11:44 am ║ Posted by: JOHN PENNINGTON ║ tags: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Send This Story To A Friend ║ Subscribe to RSS Feed

Phillip Fulmer just held an impromptu session with members of the Tennessee media in which he once again denied receiving a subpoena to testify in an Alabama booster's lawsuit against the NCAA... despite what an attorney named Chris Linton is telling folks around SEC Media Days.

"I did not receive a subpoena and if you don't ask me any questions about my football team, this interview is over," Fulmer told reporters who had fired off several queries about the paperwork that was or was not delivered to him.

We'll keep you posted as we know more. And our Jimmy Hyams is in the thick of it.

UPDATE -- According to the law firm involved in this case, the subpoena was indeed delivered.

“We did issue it and it was served this morning,” said Brandon Blankenship, of the law firm of Blankenship, Harold & Wallace. “We felt it was a big part of Smith’s case against the NCAA.”

The bottom line now appears to be this: somebody's lying. Either the subpoena was delivered and Fulmer denied it to several members of the Tennessee media including our own Jimmy Hyams.

Or several lawyers at at Birmingham law firm are lying. That would hurt the reputation of a law firm, wouldn't it?

And if it turns out Fulmer stared reporters in the face and fed them a line of bull, that'd really hurt his reputation.

While part of me would love to see Fatimus squirming under examination by an attorney, most of me wants to just forget this sequence of events and move on. I seriously doubt that Mr Smith will get any relief from the court actions.

I can understand a booster wanting to clear his name, but nothing will come of this. Fulmer is not going to incriminate himself and Smith isn't going to get the answers (or revenge) that he's seeking. Fulmer isn't even admitted to being served, so do you think he's going to admit to being part of a conspiracy against the Tide? No. Smith just needs to give him a good kick to the balls one day, and move on...

Porter said:
I can understand a booster wanting to clear his name, but nothing will come of this. Fulmer is not going to incriminate himself and Smith isn't going to get the answers (or revenge) that he's seeking. Fulmer isn't even admitted to being served, so do you think he's going to admit to being part of a conspiracy against the Tide? No. Smith just needs to give him a good kick to the balls one day, and move on...
exactly!!! although serving him at Media days was as close to a kick in the nuts as anyone will get lol

Back
Top Bottom