| FTBL phil Fulmer has been served

grillschwein1dn2.gif

Making bacon!

"Because they can't win legally, they are trying to play the game in the press," Fulmer said in the statement. "I am more than a little PO'd about any part of that."

Not to pick nits but technically both cases were won, awarded monetary compensation, and thrown out by a liberal judge.

Its ridiculous that some of you are happy about this, It makes you look classless . So some disgruntled booster from 7 years ago is gonna do what? Make a media circus and do nothing but cause distractions for two great programs. The last thing either bama or tn needs is negative press.

ORANGEADDICT said:
Its ridiculous that some of you are happy about this, It makes you look classless . So some disgruntled booster from 7 years ago is gonna do what? Make a media circus and do nothing but cause distractions for two great programs. The last thing either bama or tn needs is negative press.

Gosh last years game was great!

ORANGEADDICT said:
The subpoena was issued in a case where a private citizen was slandered by another private organization and is doing the only possible thing he can do to see a redress - file a civil suit.

This private citizen believes, correctly in my and most any other person with any knowledge of the events, that your football coach has intimate knowledge of the genesis and development of the case against him by the NCAA. This private citizen merely wants your coach to tell the court what he knows - and supposedly told the NCAA in private and under the cloak of secrecy.

You have a problem with the truth coming out why exactly? Hey, this 'truth' may further prove that UA was dirty and deserved the scorn and ridicule and punishment she received. And, I, a UA alum and fan would welcome that truth too.

If Fulmer told the truth truthfully, then we will all be better off knowing who did what when and to whom. If, however, Fulmer fabricated events and told a series of lies, either individually or as part of a conspiracy, then we will all be better off knowing that too would we not? Well, I admit it is possible that Fulmer, and the NCAA, and the UT program might not be 'better off' if we learn that he lied or provided his information in exchange for leniency for rules violations committed by him and UT.

The truth shall set you free it is said. Is it classless that some here at long last applaud efforts to compel your coach to tell his story in open court - efforts I shall remind you made necessary by the history of your coach to do anything possible to avoid telling the truth?

ORANGEADDICT said:

That Tenessee orange is a great color. You get to wear it to the stadium for the games, you get to wear it in the woods when you are hunting, and you get to wear it when you're picking up trash on the interstates.

psychojoe said:
ORANGEADDICT said:

That Tenessee orange is a great color. You get to wear it to the stadium for the games, you get to wear it in the woods when you are hunting, and you get to wear it when you're picking up trash on the interstates.
Dont forget you get it wear it while in jail too.

ORANGEADDICT said:
At least one of you posted an educated reply, My point was that no good can ever come of this for either of our beloved programs......and psycojoe....your a moron.

I'm not happy about it, but mostly because of the comments and the perception that followed.

Comments from Fulmer...."I wasn't expecting a subpoena but maybe every time I go to Birmingham I probably will be expecting a subpoena." Nice little spin on trying to slam the state of Alabama. Acting like the victim and then spinning it to make those in Alabama look like idiots is so 1st-grade. When will Fulmer ever grow up and accept responsibility for anything?

Now to the perception part...unfortunately because of what Fulmer says and because of the way the media spins this whole thing the state of Alabama and its fans do come out looking like idiots with nothing better to do than continue to sue anyone associated with the infractions announced in early 2002. Why they would stick up for Fulmer is beyond me. If this was the state of New York or California you wouldn't see it happening. Alabama will always be viewed as backward in many parts of the country. :roll:

I agree with you about the rest of the countrys perception of Alabama, I love the state and will live there for many years. The southern states such as AL GA TN VA always get slammed by the media for looking "backwoods". And lets be honest we ALL have fans that don't help the cause. My point is,Fulmer's involvement in that issue 7 YEARS ago is not relevent and can only bring more negative press to both our teams.

ORANGEADDICT said:
My point is,Fulmer's involvement in that issue 7 YEARS ago is not relevent and can only bring more negative press to both our teams.

You won't get very far with that "relevant" comment on an Alabama board. In many of our minds it's a toss-up between Fulmer and Logan Young as to which one had more to do with bringing down our entire program (something we continue to try to rebuild to this day). Seems pretty "relevant" to me.

ORANGEADDICT said:
At least one of you posted an educated reply, My point was that no good can ever come of this for either of our beloved programs......and psycojoe....your a moron.

I enjoy Rivals coming on this board, but there are a few things I would like for you to do, lose the name calling, be respectful to our posters, have fun. This is a Bama Board, so expect jokes, poking fun, and slams at UT and Auburn at all times. :) Our two biggest rivals.

ORANGEADDICT said:
and psycojoe....your a moron.

I echo what Bama1966 said, but would also add that if you are going to insult another poster's intelligence, make sure to use correct grammar. Otherwise, it is like Rosie O'Donnell calling Roseanne Barr ugly.

You Mr. Porter and Mr.1966 are absolutely right,I offer my apologies to all especially to phsycojoe, my bad. I hope you know that I may bleed orange , but I wont route against the tide unless its October.

ORANGEADDICT said:
You Mr. Porter and Mr.1966 are absolutely right,I offer my apologies to all especially to phsycojoe, my bad. I hope you know that I may bleed orange , but I wont route against the tide unless its October.

Cool beans man, Appreciate your response. Have fun here, I think you will find this place to be fun, with the best members on the net.

Back
Top Bottom