| FTBL Per Circa Sports Bama favor by 10 points!

I think the spread for this game is accurate as of right now.
People who said that Tenn is better than TAMU.. that's not quite right.

Look at the schedule they've had:
Two easy games, Virginia, Austin Peay
Then they lost at Florida 29-16.
They then played UTSA, SC and TAMU.

TAMU game was a mess. Both team struggled in that game.

So, Alabama should've beat TAMU by 10, but they didn't.

Tennessee has major issues on defense.

This game will come down to the QB: Milton V.s. Milroe. Whoever makes the less mistakes will win the game.

I think TN absolutely has flaws offensively, but they do seem like a bad matchup for Alabama. Heupel is really good at attacking the perimeter and keeping the defense on its heels. Defensively, TN has a disruptive front and can make Milroe's life hell. Alabama has a really good defense that's slowly creating an identity. But they have some serious issues with giving up the explosive plays and untimely penalties.

I'm honestly shocked the line isn't closer to a TD or less in favor of Bama.

The Vols can certainly win the game, but the matchup isn't as concerning to me this year... huge drop off at QB for them, and they lack the number of playmakers at WR compared to '22. Malachi Moore should be back for Bama which would be really good for the defense, but the back end is much better suited to handle them this year, both in terms of ability and coaching.

Not sure I'd agree about the explosive plays... Bama has given up some for sure, but compared to the rest of the league, they aren't too shabby. They are 4th best in terms of giving up plays of 20+ yards... and that's without a bye like some (they are 3rd best in giving up plays of 10+ yards).

Who knows how the Bama OL will respond... from what I've seen, things have been much less choppy inside, but LT remains a problem spot.

Also, how will the Vols respond on the road? They've played 1 game away from home all season... at Florida, and they lost by 13.

I guess my thing is, if you woke up from a coma this week and read a few posts around here, you'd think the Vols were even better than last year and Bama was sitting at 3-3.

Seems like the strength of the Viles is running the ball at least that is what I understand. Bama has had a few let down games in this area. Hope that is not the case this weekend. I would love to see an elite performance by this unit where they simply dominated the Viles at the line of scrimmage like we did in the A&M game in the 4th qtr.

The Bama offense? To me it is what it is due to the OL. Not going to magically get better. Improve? Maybe. I just hope they play clean in terms of penatlies and turnovers.

The Vols can certainly win the game, but the matchup isn't as concerning to me this year... huge drop off at QB for them, and they lack the number of playmakers at WR compared to '22. Malachi Moore should be back for Bama which would be really good for the defense, but the back end is much better suited to handle them this year, both in terms of ability and coaching.

Not sure I'd agree about the explosive plays... Bama has given up some for sure, but compared to the rest of the league, they aren't too shabby. They are 4th best in terms of giving up plays of 20+ yards... and that's without a bye like some (they are 3rd best in giving up plays of 10+ yards).

Who knows how the Bama OL will respond... from what I've seen, things have been much less choppy inside, but LT remains a problem spot.

Also, how will the Vols respond on the road? They've played 1 game away from home all season... at Florida, and they lost by 13.

I guess my thing is, if you woke up from a coma this week and read a few posts around here, you'd think the Vols were even better than last year and Bama was sitting at 3-3.

You're right and wrong in the same breath. They believe Bama will win this game at that margin but notice the actual line for UT. If you think they'll cover, it's at -115.

This is from BOL ... Vi is at -110.

View attachment 25791

View attachment 25792

I don't think this Bama D is the best ever but usually when they're told they're going to get a slobber knocking running attack that's going to gash them. Much like LSU and Fournette before, they've rose up to the occasion. I think our D can handle the offensive strengths of UT. It will boil down to, can Milton make big throws if the run game can't get going? Remember he hasn't played in a truly hostile environment since Florida game, and they lost and he looked pedestrian.

Alternatively, I don't think UT's defense stacks up quite as well against Bama as people would hope, I think we've got a edge there in some of the skill positions but the O-line play will be key to how well we are able to exploit those. Also, Milroe really needs to get better at pre-snap adjustments and reads. Most of his mistakes and boneheaded plays are just a byproduct of being unable to see the obvious blitzes or the robbers. Throwing into zone when he thinks it's man.

I’ll keep saying it but Milroe is only successful in the passing game if he has 10-12 seconds to lock in on one receiver. He stills holds the ball too long and that happens when he’s waiting for that one receiver to get open. This results in 7-8 sacks a game. However, it’s not all his fault. The OL is pitiful 90% of the time. IMO we in for another roller coaster ride of a game. Just hope our luck holds up again. RTR

I’ll keep saying it but Milroe is only successful in the passing game if he has 10-12 seconds to lock in on one receiver. He stills holds the ball too long and that happens when he’s waiting for that one receiver to get open. This results in 7-8 sacks a game. However, it’s not all his fault. The OL is pitiful 90% of the time. IMO we in for another roller coaster ride of a game. Just hope our luck holds up again. RTR
Wait, This argument doesn't make sense.

I’ll keep saying it but Milroe is only successful in the passing game if he has 10-12 seconds to lock in on one receiver.
Then you said this:
He stills holds the ball too long and that happens when he’s waiting for that one receiver to get open.
Followed by this:
This results in 7-8 sacks a game. However, it’s not all his fault. The OL is pitiful 90% of the time.

There are numerous factors to why Milroe/OL aren't in sync:
-Poorly timed snaps. This happens every game. Several games in and you would think they would have this fixed by now.
-Time Milroe needs to throw the ball needs to be less than 10 seconds, not more than 10-12. it put more pressure on OL. Milroe needs to get the ball out of his hand faster and to do that, read the field faster and he's not able to do that.
-OL blocking. Poor techniques/efforts mostly on left side. Since Ole Miss, like it or not, the OL has got better, but needs more work, they are work in progress.
-Milroe. He is holding the ball too long, and that leads to sacks, which I agree. He's also missing wide open receivers as well. So, no this is more on Milroe than it is on OL.

To win against Tennessee: Just throw the damn ball. Don't hold on to it longer than you have to. If nothing is there, throw it away or run! Simple as that. OL just need to continue to get better at running the ball and protect Milroe.

I don't think this Bama D is the best ever but usually when they're told they're going to get a slobber knocking running attack that's going to gash them. Much like LSU and Fournette before, they've rose up to the occasion. I think our D can handle the offensive strengths of UT. It will boil down to, can Milton make big throws if the run game can't get going? Remember he hasn't played in a truly hostile environment since Florida game, and they lost and he looked pedestrian.

Alternatively, I don't think UT's defense stacks up quite as well against Bama as people would hope, I think we've got a edge there in some of the skill positions but the O-line play will be key to how well we are able to exploit those. Also, Milroe really needs to get better at pre-snap adjustments and reads. Most of his mistakes and boneheaded plays are just a byproduct of being unable to see the obvious blitzes or the robbers. Throwing into zone when he thinks it's man.
What if he doesn't have the freedom to do pre-snap adjustments?

Wait, This argument doesn't make sense.

Then you said this:

Followed by this:

There are numerous factors to why Milroe/OL aren't in sync:
-Poorly timed snaps. This happens every game. Several games in and you would think they would have this fixed by now.
-Time Milroe needs to throw the ball needs to be less than 10 seconds, not more than 10-12. it put more pressure on OL. Milroe needs to get the ball out of his hand faster and to do that, read the field faster and he's not able to do that.
-OL blocking. Poor techniques/efforts mostly on left side. Since Ole Miss, like it or not, the OL has got better, but needs more work, they are work in progress.
-Milroe. He is holding the ball too long, and that leads to sacks, which I agree. He's also missing wide open receivers as well. So, no this is more on Milroe than it is on OL.

To win against Tennessee: Just throw the damn ball. Don't hold on to it longer than you have to. If nothing is there, throw it away or run! Simple as that. OL just need to continue to get better at running the ball and protect Milroe.

Milroe is a one read passer. He stands in the pocket waiting for that one receiver to come
open. If the receiver stays covered for 10-12 seconds the OL can’t hold blocks for that long, which is understandable, and results in 7-8 sacks per game. The OL being pitiful was just an after thought.

Last edited:
Milroe is a one read passer. He stands in the pocket waiting for that one receiver to come
open. If the receiver stays covered for 10-12 seconds the OL can’t hold blocks for that long, which is understandable, and results in 7-8 sacks per game. The OL being pitiful was just an after thought.
I don't know if that's an accurate statement to make regarding Milroe. He does telegraph his throws sometime, but he has got better at it in the recent weeks. he is going through progressions on the field and you can clearly see that he has improved a lot since USF game.

So work with me... You're the QB. Ball is snapped and it's in your hand. OL is picking up the protections as they should. In the first 3 or 4 seconds, if Receivers are covered, at what point do you do? here are the options:

1) Hang around and wait for someone to get open and make a play?
2) Be Decisive and run/ throw the ball away
3) Run into a sack?

If he doesn't see Receivers getting open within 5 seconds or so, he needs to take off and run and if it's someone spying him, then move around to force defense to collapse so he can make plays.

Back
Top Bottom