| FTBL Per Circa Sports Bama favor by 10 points!

I think TN absolutely has flaws offensively, but they do seem like a bad matchup for Alabama. Heupel is really good at attacking the perimeter and keeping the defense on its heels. Defensively, TN has a disruptive front and can make Milroe's life hell. Alabama has a really good defense that's slowly creating an identity. But they have some serious issues with giving up the explosive plays and untimely penalties.

I'm honestly shocked the line isn't closer to a TD or less in favor of Bama.
Against us this year, everyone has had a disruptive front... that includes South Florida. ( see number of sacks and hurries)

The Vols can certainly win the game, but the matchup isn't as concerning to me this year... huge drop off at QB for them, and they lack the number of playmakers at WR compared to '22. Malachi Moore should be back for Bama which would be really good for the defense, but the back end is much better suited to handle them this year, both in terms of ability and coaching.

Not sure I'd agree about the explosive plays... Bama has given up some for sure, but compared to the rest of the league, they aren't too shabby. They are 4th best in terms of giving up plays of 20+ yards... and that's without a bye like some (they are 3rd best in giving up plays of 10+ yards).

Who knows how the Bama OL will respond... from what I've seen, things have been much less choppy inside, but LT remains a problem spot.

Also, how will the Vols respond on the road? They've played 1 game away from home all season... at Florida, and they lost by 13.

I guess my thing is, if you woke up from a coma this week and read a few posts around here, you'd think the Vols were even better than last year and Bama was sitting at 3-3.
I don't disagree. Mostly am playing devil's advocate. In terms of Alabama giving up explosive plays - I doubt stats give the whole story. Alabama has been very well on defense, but very susceptible to giving up critical 3rd and 4th and long scenarios. A&M was an inch away from being out of bounds to scoring a TD; 4th and 23 vs Ole Miss; Arkansas last week with big chunk yardage; etc... Again, we have a really good defense, but I do think we have a tendency to see the defense not completely shut opponents down. How much is it because the offense can't sustain drives?

Alabama can win this game going away in the 4th if they are able to play more consistently on offense.

I predicted 21-20 so 21 points would have been enough. When it was 20-7 I thought well it is possible, Honestly I was pleasently suprised the Viles did not score in the 2nd half. Hat tip to the D.

Back
Top Bottom