| FTBL People not happy about the Army all-star game

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
I

imported_porkchop

I've seen a ton of comments on other sites regarding the Army all-star game yesterday and the felacio that NBC announcers performed on Notre Dame. Here's an article on it for any interested.

Airing the game is a business venture for NBC….there is nothing wrong, in my mind, with NBC commentators leaving SOME room in their broadcast for a little extra Notre Dame commentary. But last Saturday’s game was absurd. It is clear to me that everything from roster makeup to playing time to the blatantly excessive commentary was colored by NBC’s need to make the most out of their investment.

I realize that this is only a dumb All-Star game that means absolutely nothing in the big picture, but I think that this is indicative of a larger problem. Sports is one of the only things that should be pure and free from outside influence such as ratings and business. The play on the field, rosters, etc should be determined not by the bottom line, but by skill, talent, and performance. This just goes to show that, as far as college football is concerned, the theory that ND gets a little boost is not just a conspiracy theory.

NBC/ND

And is it just me or did they go out of their way not to mention Alabama. Basically, all we got was that the player committed to Alabama, with no comment. We are sitting at #2 on the Rivals list and I didn't hear anything. It was all Notre Dame, USC, and Michigan. And speaking of felatio, they definately deep throated over Pryor. I was sickened.

I'll give em a pass on this one. It's ND, they are annoyingly considered "Americas Team". They are like the Yankees and Cowboys, they'll always be the favorites of the media Goons.

RTR

I've never really cared too much about the game to begin with. First, the rules favor a shoot out over defense. They prevent you from running certain schemes and coverage packages and limit trickery. Secondly, the teams are composed of players that are for the most part going to the big-name, media favored schools. They do this mainly for ratings. Simply stated, there are a lot more Notre Dame and Michigan fans than Bama fans. No matter how much more tradition and class we have we will lose out in the numbers game. Furthermore, nothing about that game really helps a kid prepare for the next level. It's basically just a vacation for them, with a chance to get a little practice time in, and most importantly to those kids, get their 15 minutes of fame.

I think we would all agree that the Big 10 and Notre Dame commits always dominate the roster, especially for the East. If this game was important in determing level of play within the leagues, it seems to me that the Big 10 might win a few more bowl games (especially against the SEC). Likewise, ND would be much less likely to win 9 games only to lose to an SEC school by 30 points and NEVERgo 3-9. RTR!

The NBC love-fest for Notre Dame was awful. They went out of their way NOT to mention Alabama. Hell, they barely even peeped about the SEC. That love-fest for Notre Dame was almost as bad as the Verne and Gary weekly jack-off sessions to Tebow. They would make some pretty absurd noises up in the booth...

The only part of the Notre Dame obsession that really bothered me was when they started making a huge deal out of the fact that Golic Jr was going to Notre Dame. Like it was some big surprise the son of Mike Golic would go to Notre Dame. They started rambling about someone looking at the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the whole thing got really hokey and cheesy.

RollTideRandy said:
The only part of the Notre Dame obsession that really bothered me was when they started making a huge deal out of the fact that Golic Jr was going to Notre Dame. Like it was some big surprise the son of Mike Golic would go to Notre Dame. They started rambling about someone looking at the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the whole thing got really hokey and cheesy.

Made me want to ;pu

bcgoody44 said:
The NBC love-fest for Notre Dame was awful. They went out of their way NOT to mention Alabama. Hell, they barely even peeped about the SEC. That love-fest for Notre Dame was almost as bad as the Verne and Gary weekly jack-off sessions to Tebow. They would make some pretty absurd noises up in the booth...

It's part of the conspiracy they have against everything Alabama and everything South.

Back
Top Bottom