| FTBL Pay Per View

bama59

I called Charter and they told me that the Alabama vs. Western Carolina game is not going to be on pay per view through Charter. Has anyone else contacted charter about the game and gotten the same results?

Hey bama59- I moved the thread here so more folks will see it and maybe answer it. I don't know a damn thing about PPV other than the fact that the quality of it sucks. Someone here will know though...

Also, welcome to the board.

I'm at work so I had my wife call Charter and check. She was told that they ARE carrying the game and she went ahead and pre-ordered for $29.95. We're in Athens, but I would think that all the Charter outlets in Alabama would carry the game. Seems like I remember this same topic came up last year, too.

Tide n Bucks said:
I'm at work so I had my wife call Charter and check. She was told that they ARE carrying the game and she went ahead and pre-ordered for $29.95. We're in Athens, but I would think that all the Charter outlets in Alabama would carry the game. Seems like I remember this same topic came up last year, too.

Hey Tide n Bucks. How's the football team looking over your way?

To be honest, Outlaw, I don't really know. About all the info I get on the H.S. teams around here come from the newspapers since I don't have the time to attend games like I would like to do. I am planning on going to the Elkmont/Ardmore game this Friday, though. A friend's son is playing for Ardmore and his daughter is in the Elkmont band. Anyway, from what I can tell, after winning the 5A Championship last year, Athens is considered to be a strong favorite to win it again.

yea man i had Charter since forever before we switched to Dish a few months ago (which is bullcrap because everytime the damn wind blows the signal goes out smh) but yea Charter never allowed us to get the Bama PPV's. they even advertised it a few times but when we would call to order it they would say "its not available in your area". i mean what kind of crap is that? how can an ALABAMA game not be available for someone in ALABAMA?! that among many other reasons is why we left Charter.

Since this is a PPV topic I guess I will pose my question as well here. I call Knology here in Montgomery and they said that the game will be televised on a local channel and that they were not offering it on PPV at this point in time. Does anyone in the Montgomery area have Knology and have heard this same thing? Is the game going to be shown on TV in AL this week?

Tide n Bucks said:
To be honest, Outlaw, I don't really know. About all the info I get on the H.S. teams around here come from the newspapers since I don't have the time to attend games like I would like to do. I am planning on going to the Elkmont/Ardmore game this Friday, though. A friend's son is playing for Ardmore and his daughter is in the Elkmont band. Anyway, from what I can tell, after winning the 5A Championship last year, Athens is considered to be a strong favorite to win it again.

That's what I was thinking too. I try to keep up with all the local high school teams, so I was just wondering. Haven't heard a lot about Athens. I know their region is the strongest in 5A without a doubt.

Someone posted this comment on my website:
My son in law just got Dish Network, and it will be on PPP on that, also Direct TV, and I also went by Charter today in Tuscaloosa and got the game for Saturday. It is $29.95. Hope this helps, if not let me know and I will try and get more

Birdman37 said:
yea man i had Charter since forever before we switched to Dish a few months ago (which is bullcrap because everytime the damn wind blows the signal goes out smh) but yea Charter never allowed us to get the Bama PPV's. they even advertised it a few times but when we would call to order it they would say "its not available in your area". i mean what kind of crap is that? how can an ALABAMA game not be available for someone in ALABAMA?! that among many other reasons is why we left Charter.

My vile inlaws live in Elkmont and have Charter. I have watched a few ppv Bama games there in the past including one last year.

RTR

Back
Top Bottom