| FTBL Orgeron is Out

I think it's pretty obvious why he got fired. The Ogre could recruit like a mad man, but he couldn't coach a lick. Now that they have a ton of talent, the higher ups decided to get a coach in there that can win with all that talent.

AlabamaMan said:
I think it's pretty obvious why he got fired. The Ogre could recruit like a mad man, but he couldn't coach a lick. Now that they have a ton of talent, the higher ups decided to get a coach in there that can win with all that talent.
Does that mean Miles to Ol Sis?? :lol:

This certainly doesn't come as a surprise after the meltdown they had against Miss State. Croom has looked like a genius this year. And, shockingly, they are 7-5. If you had told me at the beginning of this year that they would be in line for a better bowl than us, I'd have laughed out loud. But, we can help that out with a win today. And I have a feeling that we ARE GOING TO WIN!!!!!! Roll dang Tide!!!

bamadam said:
AlabamaMan said:
Does that mean Miles to Ol Sis?? :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Supergenius said:
Noon presser today in Oxford. Mongo and his staff have been fired.

RTR

Yep. No surprise there.

Terry, the only thing was when I started seeing the articles coming out of Mississippi talking about the big money people withdrawing financial support I knew something was about to hit. Let alone the fact that Mongo has been telling them in Oxford every year that they were so close, yet the team is losing more games each season.

Hmm, interesting. I'd love for Bama to get a shot at him, but to be able to make him regret his decision season in and season out would be great.

ColoradoTide said:
XxBamaCorexX said:
I'm hoping Fran goes to Ole Miss now. :twisted:

don't laugh - just got an IM from my sister in Huntsville who said one of the local news channels is reporting that fRan is high on OM's list.

To be honest, I think Fran is a heck of a coach in the right situation. I had rather he stay out of the SEC. He would probably hire Pollard away from MSU and with the recruiting of Coach O, he would wreak havoc in a year or two.

Franchione's name is being bandied around on other boards as well as being a possible successor. FWIW, I personally think that Franchione would be a good fit at Ole Miss but he'd be crazy to take that job given that he'd have to play BAMA every year. The first time he set foot in Bryant Denny we would have a riot. No joking. We've got enough crazy fans that somone would assault him on site.

Francis going back to the SEC would be really bad for him IMHO.

I can't see Fran coming back to the SEC, he would never be able to recruit after the way he ducked out on us. What do yall think about Nutt coming to Ole Miss, I still figure that he is out at Arky.

Back
Top Bottom