| FTBL Opponents: Under/Overrated

G

Of course, to the media (ESPN), as soon as a team loses to Bama, they immediately become overrated. But screw those guys, I want to know what ya'll think about our opponents we have played so far.

Clemson(#9)3-2 and playing Wake Forest right now.
L Alabama(6-0) 34-10
W Citadel(3-2) 45-17
W NC State(2-4) 27-9
W SC State(4-2) 54-0
L Maryland(4-2) 20-17
TBD Wake Forest
IMO, ranked too high in preseason polls, but they are playing how I thought they would so far. They still have a chance at the ACC title, but are out of the NC race.

Tulane(unranked)2-3
L #13 Alabama(6-0) 20-6
L #14 E. Carolina(3-2) 28-24
W ULM(1-4) 27-10
W Southern Methodist(1-5) 34-27
L Army(1-4) 44-13
Nothing special was expected out of this team. They played very physical against a tough Alabama team. The next week they almost upset the cinderella E. Carolina.

Western Kentucky(unranked)2-4
L Indiana(2-3) 31-13
W E. Kentucky(3-3) 37-13
L #11 Alabama(6-0) 41-17
W Murray State(2-4) 50-9
L Kentucky(4-1) 41-3
L #20 VA Tech(5-1) 27-13
Again, not too much expected from this team. Blown out by quality opponents, but kept it a 2-score game against Virginia Tech(FWIW, I think these guys are overrated).

Arkansas(unranked)4-2
W Western Illinois(3-2) 28-24
W ULM(1-4) 28-27
L #9 Alabama(6-0) 49-14
L #7 Texas(5-0) 52-10
L #12 Florida(4-1) 38-7
Arkansas is playing a lot worse than I thought they would. Barely surviving against inferior teams, and getting destroyed by everyone else. New HC and system, so not much was expected.

Georgia(#3)4-1
W Georgia Southern(3-3) 45-21
W Central Michigan(3-2)56-17
W South Carolina(4-2)14-17
W Arizona State(2-3) 27-10
L #8 Alabama(6-0) 41-30
The Dawgs have played like expected every week except one :twisted: . They are still one of the top teams in the country, and will have a chance to prove it with their SEC schedule. I think they were ranked accordingly, but were no match for the gimmick-free Tide.

Kentucky(unranked(4-1)
W Louisville(2-2) 27-2
W Norfolk State(2-3) 38-3
W MTSU(2-3) 20-14
W WKU(2-4) 41-3
L #2 Alabama(6-0) 17-14
Kentucky had not played against a quality opponent prior to coming to Tuscaloosa, and argument could be made for Louisville. The Wildcats came into T-town, and did not roll over by any means. The game was close in the final minutes, and Alabama only scored 1 offensive TD against the boys in blue. I think they may have been somewhat underrated, and I'm curious to see what they do for the rest of the year.

Knowing what you know now, are the teams we've beaten so far over or underrated??

Arky isn't quite 4-2 :) The teams we have played are probably rated about where they should be, except UK should probably get more credit than they are being given. Anyway, I'm proud with what we've done and just hope we can continue to grow as a team as the season goes on.

We caught Tulane when they were hot. I don't care what anyone says, other than 'Bama fans, that team was a hard hitting, tough little team. Some 'Bama players were aching after this game. Underrated.

Kentucky is stout. Sure, they haven't played anyone of any merit, besides us, but that #1 overall defense nationally thing they had going for them was for real. Underrated.

Western Kentucky. Not much to say. A filler team.

Clemson. Possibly overrated, but when aren't they? What matters to me is that they were ranked Top 10 when we played them. For what it is worth, probably 9 out of 10 'Bama players would rather play Clemson tomorrow, if they had to, rather than Kentucky.

Arkansas. Just horrible. They have went downhill big time. Too bad Mustain Mom and Freedom of Information Act fans basically had Nutt and one of the greatest AD's to ever hold the position ran off.

Georgia, not overrated at all. Overmatched is more like it. They just weren't in 'Bama's league, it was the difference between night and day.

When they play Tennessee tomorrow, we will see the old Georgia again.

I agree with most of the assessments of our opponents other than Clemson......they were as overated as a team can get. Borderline Alabama 2000. TerryP said it best in another thread. They have a tough row to hoe through the rest of the season and they will have a difficult time just getting bowl eligible IMO. After looking like Hoover playing Wake Forest last night. I think it is very fair to say Clemson is a flop considering all the talent they were supposed to have.

bamajt said:
Arky isn't quite 4-2 :) The teams we have played are probably rated about where they should be, except UK should probably get more credit than they are being given. Anyway, I'm proud with what we've done and just hope we can continue to grow as a team as the season goes on.

Dude whats up with that sig? :shock:

rammajamma said:
bamajt said:

Dude whats up with that sig? :shock:

It's from Arrested Development. There was a running joke through the entire show that nobody could do a proper chicken impersonation. This was their chicken dances. It crakes me up watching it :D

Back
Top Bottom