| RECRUIT OLB/DE Will Anderson commits to Bama

TerryP

Staff
Are we looking at the best linebacking class signed by Saban? While we still haven't hit the hard recruiting season with the 2020 class it's certainly looking like Bama's going to have a hell of a LB class.

Anderson has 40-50 offers which makes perfect sense for the 4*, top 100 prospect. It looks like he's down to three schools: LSU, Georgia Tech, and Alabama.

I like Bama's chances with Anderson. While he'll be the 21st commitment for the '20 class he won't be one of last five. Word has it we should expect attrition out of the verbals received...possibly to the tune of Bama having as many as eight more kids announce tor the Tide.

Are we looking at the best linebacking class signed by Saban? While we still haven't hit the hard recruiting season with the 2020 class it's certainly looking like Bama's going to have a hell of a LB class.

Anderson has 40-50 offers which makes perfect sense for the 4*, top 100 prospect. It looks like he's down to three schools: LSU, Georgia Tech, and Alabama.

I like Bama's chances with Anderson. While he'll be the 21st commitment for the '20 class he won't be one of last five. Word has it we should expect attrition out of the verbals received...possibly to the tune of Bama having as many as eight more kids announce tor the Tide.

Interesting thought/strategy there... Maybe the Bama staff learning & evolving from the first run at the early signing period.

Sounds like the staff is just recruiting all the guys they want and letting the numbers take care of themselves. Meaning, no matter what, continue to try and improve at each spot. And this day in age it's not to hard to get a kid to decommit... Just loosen up on the communication and "let" some other schools take advantage.

Could make for some drama on the early and final signing days... But hey... Saban has navigated his fair share in the past. He's doin "aight"

Last edited:
@Tidestalker, I think the biggest thing to remember today is we're not even in the beginning stages of the recruiting periods yet. The sticks are still being sharpened, the stones still being polished.

We'll see it start to get down to the brass tacks when we get out of camp season and enter the fall training period for these kids.

While I'll let the people remain anonymous, I'm amused thinking about how we talked of more "teaching type" coaches being brought in and some suggesting that Saban was sacrificing recruiting. Sal and Pete are doing one hell of a job on the trail this year.

Good points. A lot of these kids haven't gotten the full evaluation yet... Guys will be fluctuating on the recruiting boards for the next 6-8 months

For the good looking prospects: Take now ask questions later

Dazalin Worsham
@dazalin4
I will be taking my 1st Official visit to The University of Miami next weekend

@Tidestalker, I think the biggest thing to remember today is we're not even in the beginning stages of the recruiting periods yet. The sticks are still being sharpened, the stones still being polished.

We'll see it start to get down to the brass tacks when we get out of camp season and enter the fall training period for these kids.

While I'll let the people remain anonymous, I'm amused thinking about how we talked of more "teaching type" coaches being brought in and some suggesting that Saban was sacrificing recruiting. Sal and Pete are doing one hell of a job on the trail this year.

Not to hijack the thread here, but does anyone have access to this information...

Gilbert, Flowe, and Evans are the big three on the board for me.
I don't subscribe to Rivals but I assume they're covering his OV this past weekend which I've learned went well. As you'd expect, he came away from his visit impressed. It's an uphill battle with UT and UGA (expected to land him.)

Two I know of that are on the top of Bama's board: Gilbert and Darnell Washington.

Not gonna lie... I hope we get DW back. I think he's the style of player we've been missing on the D. Still looking for that allusive CJ Mosley type of LB... I'm a dreamer

I wouldn't mind him coming back to the fold. (Perhaps DRW's deal was that he committed to early. He did, however, decommit after a visit to UTurd.) I don't think though that he was being recruited to play LB. Did I read that incorrectly (somewhere)?

Back
Top Bottom