| FTBL OK On To Georgia..................

Bama-Tee

Verified Member
Alright gang with the pork in the freezer
it's time to take the dawgs to the vet. Our defense
is good, our running game is good but our passing
game leaves a little to be desired. Georgia will be
tough against the run "BUT" are vulnerable on the
pass. There's the rub. We have the recievers but
we have got to do a better job of getting them
involved. We ran all over the Razorbacks but not
too much through the air. Maybe I'm overreacting
but still............... :?

Bama-Tee said:
Alright gang with the pork in the freezer
it's time to take the dawgs to the vet. Our defense
is good, our running game is good but our passing
game leaves a little to be desired. Georgia will be
tough against the run "BUT" are vulnerable on the
pass. There's the rub. We have the recievers but
we have got to do a better job of getting them
involved. We ran all over the Razorbacks but not
too much through the air. Maybe I'm overreacting
but still............... :?

It's all part of the process aright.

Somes true statements there Bama-Tee..We look good running the ball (to the left). I was not impressed with the passing game, 72 yards in what, almost 3 quarters. I know we ran the ball well and did not have too many passing attempts but still....I have not seen Georgia play yet so I can't comment about their D but if I were them I would be loading up the line and daring us to pass on them. JPW did a good job of running the game though, no mistakes and that is important. We'll see....

bamascw said:
Somes true statements there Bama-Tee..We look good running the ball (to the left). I was not impressed with the passing game, 72 yards in what, almost 3 quarters. I know we ran the ball well and did not have too many passing attempts but still....I have not seen Georgia play yet so I can't comment about their D but if I were them I would be loading up the line and daring us to pass on them. JPW did a good job of running the game though, no mistakes and that is important. We'll see....

Jay Barker took us to the NC doing just that.

bamascw said:

He had a few out there today...missed some wide open guys a few times when he tried to force a pass in.

One INT on a pass that shouldn't have been thrown. But, if Maze would have just ran a button-hook instead of that out route that might have been a completion.

TerryP said:
bamascw said:

He had a few out there today...missed some wide open guys a few times when he tried to force a pass in.

One INT on a pass that shouldn't have been thrown. But, if Maze would have just ran a button-hook instead of that out route that might have been a completion.

That was McElroy with the INT.

Porter said:
TerryP said:
bamascw said:

I realized that after I replied...was coming back to edit it out...quick draw, eh?

TerryP said:
Porter said:
TerryP said:
bamascw said:

I realized that after I replied...was coming back to edit it out...quick draw, eh?

With some of our fans, we have to set the record straight ASAP before they start bashing him for stuff he didn't do.

rammerjammer said:
With some of our fans, we have to set the record straight ASAP before they start bashing him for stuff he didn't do.

Seriously???????

Our fans wouldn't do thaaaaaaat!!

To be heard next Thursday night...

"Uhh Coarch, uh nice win over Arkansas last week, but I think maybe you left John Parker in too long. I'd have like to have seen Garret McElroy in thar to start that 3rd quarter with the big lead. I think he might could lead this team a little better. Wilson threw that interception because he didn't look off his receiver, but McElroy does a great job of that and has a great arm. Uh, I'll hang up and listen, Roll Tide."

Porter said:
rammerjammer said:

Seriously???????

Our fans wouldn't do thaaaaaaat!!

To be heard next Thursday night...

"Uhh Coarch, uh nice win over Arkansas last week, but I think maybe you left John Parker in too long. I'd have like to have seen Garret McElroy in thar to start that 3rd quarter with the big lead. I think he might could lead this team a little better. Wilson threw that interception because he didn't look off his receiver, but McElroy does a great job of that and has a great arm. Uh, I'll hang up and listen, Roll Tide."

Well now I gotta think of a whole new thing to say to Coach now. Thanks a lot.

The title of this thread scared the heck out me. I thought Sherman and his boys were coming back to sack Atlanta again!

Anywhoooo.....

We gave up too much yardage to the pass and on kickoff returns.

We did well against the run. Overall our defense bent but never broke.

I agree our passing game needs work.

Are we that good or is Arkansas that bad?
Or, is it a little of both?

Anyone else gonna scout the Georgia team tonight against Az St?

AFF said:
The title of this thread scared the heck out me. I thought Sherman and his boys were coming back to sack Atlanta again!

Anywhoooo.....

We gave up too much yardage to the pass and on kickoff returns.

We did well against the run. Overall our defense bent but never broke.

I agree our passing game needs work.

Are we that good or is Arkansas that bad?
Or, is it a little of both?

Anyone else gonna scout the Georgia team tonight against Az St?

I think big plays help us a lot today. Given that JPW and crew will need to improve (GREATLY) their game next week. The defense looked great at times and good at times. For the most part it was a great tune up for the big game next week. Given the dogs do there part and win tonight.

I do foresee next week 8 men in the box and JPW having to beat them deep well see :shock:

You know...

If JPW plays smart and doesn't try to win the game by himself,next week, I REALLY like our chances against UGA. Our other skill players are younger, and they look like they're a good bit better than UGAs.

If our D can hold Moreno to under 80 yards...

Porter said:
TerryP said:
Porter said:
TerryP said:
bamascw said:

That's the reason I came back to edit...posted that...walked away and thought, "did I say JPW had that? It was Maze, and I remember wondering if he ran the wrong route...but JP didn't throw that one. Or did he? No, It was Greg..."

Yes, I have these conversations with myself often. Although, I always end up being right in the end. :shock:

One thing I will add...while he was showing a "little fire," I didn't care for him running his mouth and pointing at the scoreboard.

But, when he left the field I'm sure he heard about that when I saw Cignetti talking to him...

TerryP said:
One thing I will add...while he was showing a "little fire," I didn't care for him running his mouth and pointing at the scoreboard.

But, when he left the field I'm sure he heard about that when I saw Cignetti talking to him...

I didn't either, but I'm pretty sure the Arkansas players were getting in his face dogging him out while he was on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom