| MBB/WBB Oats current contract up for review with the BOT this week.

Some crap just isn’t worth it, no matter how much money they throw at you! I had someone ask me last night if I thought Oats might ever test the NBA waters. Personally, I don’t see it. Oats comes off to me as one of those guys that loves the connections of those HS coaches, having been there and having that connection with those players at that level. Michigan, Michigan State, Duke are the jobs that would concern me.

I think he's too hardcore and demands too much effort for the NBA. Those guys like street ball, not fundamental basketball that sets up a true offense and then goes and plays defense. That would drive Oats crazy. Though he would approve of the amount if threes a lot of guys like to throw up

I think he's too hardcore and demands too much effort for the NBA. Those guys like street ball, not fundamental basketball that sets up a true offense and then goes and plays defense. That would drive Oats crazy. Though he would approve of the amount if threes a lot of guys like to throw up
Nat would be good fit for Pelicans, Kings, Warriors, NY, Hornets. He wouldnt' be a good fit for Lakers, NEts, Mavs, etc. It just depends on who's the GM, Owner and the culture.

Nat would be good fit for Pelicans, Kings, Warriors, NY, Hornets. He wouldnt' be a good fit for Lakers, NEts, Mavs, etc. It just depends on who's the GM, Owner and the culture.

He would most definitely need to be around guys like Herbert Jones. You wonder how frustrated he'd get with a guy like Zion though. I feel like he would sour quick on a lot of these "stars". I also think the Warriors would drive him nuts. How you think he would handle Green punching a teammate or Curry throwing his mouthpiece because a teammate took a shot? I don't see that in his wheelhouse.

His style of play might fit those teams, but I don’t think his personality would mesh with many of those guys at all. For every Herb Jones on the team that would love him, I’d say another 8-10 on the roster would despise him and buck every move he made along the way.

I understand CNO lives on the lake and his family loves living in Tuscaloosa. I hear he has an excellent relationship with Byrne.
He has a new contract. If he gets the new Arena not much reason for him to look elsewhere.

Off topic, but golf related:

FoDZklVWIAAg432

Some crap just isn’t worth it, no matter how much money they throw at you! I had someone ask me last night if I thought Oats might ever test the NBA waters. Personally, I don’t see it. Oats comes off to me as one of those guys that loves the connections of those HS coaches, having been there and having that connection with those players at that level. Michigan, Michigan State, Duke are the jobs that would concern me.
Why not UNC, since you listed Duke? I get UM & MSU.

Back
Top Bottom