| NEWS Notre Dame's 2019 schedule has seven of their opponents coming off of bye weeks.

I'm not sure that's a good example here. That last game gave them a 12 game season due to the cancellations both teams had due to weather. I'm not sure what "hoops" Tanner had to jump through but I did have two beat reporters I work with tell me "Tanner is jumping through hoops" to get another game scheduled with hopes they can make a bowl game.

I took it to mean it wasn't as easy as Ray just picking up the phone.

That would have to do with finding an eligible opponent willing to play them. Nothing to do with being allowed to play that weekend.

And yes the season is defined as playing 12 games. But it doesn't mean being restricted to the first 13 weeks of the season to play them because your conference left the 14th week open for their CG.

Last edited:
And yes the season is defined as playing 12 games. But it doesn't mean being restricted to the first 13 weeks of the season to play them because your conference left the 14th week open for their CG.
Ok. Wait a second.

I thought you were saying the championship weekend was counted as part of the regular season. Not that specific weekend. Oh gawd, I guess I'm all confused on this one already. Chalk it up to one of those mornings when I'm thinking about something else here.

It's not a 13 week season, it's a 12 game season. Dates vary for several factors. We're on the same page there.

Back
Top Bottom