| FTBL Not wishing LSU the best...

AlaphaMale said:
I just have to know. Those of you that support the conference, is it a matter of you being "the bigger person" or are you completely unaware of the hate most every SEC team has for us?

I agree 100%.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Well FRIG!! Possum and I agree on something :shock:

Ive never understood the whole cheer for the conference crap. Heck conference teams are the ones I enjoy seeing lose! If it aint Bama screw the SEC!

I agree 100% as well. :)

Personally, I don't jump up and shout for anybody but Bama and whoever is playing Auburn. I never root for Auburn or TN no matter who they play. (If they play each other though I am slightly hoping for TN to win.) However, if say Kentucky is playing someone outside the conference, I will pull for them. I will root for most other teams in the conference in a quiet manner. I will pull for whoever is ranked ahead of us to get beat so we can move up in the polls (thats the way it will always be until we get playoffs.) But my overall cheerings is pretty quiet for other teams with the exception of like when USF beat AU. I was jumping and yelling then!

rammajamma said:
Personally, I don't jump up and shout for anybody but Bama and whoever is playing Auburn. I never root for Auburn or TN no matter who they play. (If they play each other though I am slightly hoping for TN to win.) However, if say Kentucky is playing someone outside the conference, I will pull for them. I will root for most other teams in the conference in a quiet manner. I will pull for whoever is ranked ahead of us to get beat so we can move up in the polls (thats the way it will always be until we get playoffs.) But my overall cheerings is pretty quiet for other teams with the exception of like when USF beat AU. I was jumping and yelling then!

Oh now I will jump out my seat when teams score on the barn. A few posters around here can attest to that. I'm with you there.

I don't actually cheer for SEC teams when they play OOC teams, but I do want them to win. I love the fact that the SEC is considered the best conference in football. In order for the SEC to keep that reputation, it has to win it's OOC games. The way I look at it is this, as long as the SEC is considered the most dominate conference, when Alabama gets back to being one of the most dominant teams in the SEC, it will also then be considered one of the most dominant teams in CFB. Basically, the better the SEC looks, the better Alabama looks.

I can kind of see your point Bo. Doesn't the SEC have a pretty average or below average OOC record lately though? I just think all BAMA needs to do is win. Let the rest eat cake.

AlaphaMale said:
Let me ask this. Do any of you ever find yourselves saying "go tigers!" during these OOC games? I can maybe understand watching the game and wanting the OOC team to lose. Please tell me you guys never clap or yell or jump up in response to Tigers, Gators or viles?

NEVER ONCE IN MY WHOLE LIFE HAVE I OR WOULD I

I confess. When the Gators put that God awful whipping on the Viles I was even doing the Gator bite. It won't happen any other time, though.

Swamptick said:
AlaphaMale said:
Let me ask this. Do any of you ever find yourselves saying "go tigers!" during these OOC games? I can maybe understand watching the game and wanting the OOC team to lose. Please tell me you guys never clap or yell or jump up in response to Tigers, Gators or viles?

NEVER ONCE IN MY WHOLE LIFE HAVE I OR WOULD I

I rooted for Florida last year in the NC game. And I made a heck of a lot of money off of it. Cause OSU people said we didn't stand a chance that no SEC team could possibly beat OSU. :roll: That the SEC can't compete with the Big 10/11. They are saying the same thing this year. So guess Im gonna be putting some money down on LSU. lol

Bama Bo said:
I don't actually cheer for SEC teams when they play OOC teams, but I do want them to win. I love the fact that the SEC is considered the best conference in football. In order for the SEC to keep that reputation, it has to win it's OOC games. The way I look at it is this, as long as the SEC is considered the most dominate conference, when Alabama gets back to being one of the most dominant teams in the SEC, it will also then be considered one of the most dominant teams in CFB. Basically, the better the SEC looks, the better Alabama looks.

This is also they way I look at it. I will say that I can't bring myself to pull for Auburn at any time, but that is due to my family and obnoxious Auburn friends.

I generally won't pull for UT either, but the only way people will ever say without a doubt that the SEC is the biggest and baddest conference out there is if we whip everyone OOC.

I know, and you know, that we are the best, but it also feels good to get that recognition. No one can honestly deny that. I don't think it has anything to do with being a bigger person, just wanting to be the best.

I couldn't care less (or is it careless? :wink: ) if the other teams hate us. If they all failed all the time and we beat them regularly, what would that say about us?

Not a thing.

In order for Alabama and the SEC to look good, the SEC has to be good OOC.

AlaphaMale said:

When I say I pull for other SEC teams I mean that I want the OOC team to lose. I would never actually cheer for some other team.

AlaphaMale said:
Please tell me you guys never clap or yell or jump up in response to Tigers, Gators or viles?

I was passing out high fives to strangers in the last few seconds of the LSU/AU game.

Miss St against AU?? My wife got mad and went shopping because I wouldn't quit clanging the cow bell when AU was on offense.

So yes. I do pull for "other" SEC teams. Only in two situations though.

1. It helps Alabama
2. Anytime the other SEC schools are playing AU

To be clear though, it's not because I hate Auburn that much. It's because I find humor in AU meltdowns. I blame the message boards.

I always pull for the SEC team in an OOC game. I will also ALWAYS pull for SEC against the PAC 10. I'm sick and tired of hearing that the SEC isn't that strong. I would love to see OSU play in our conference and go undefeated. It just won't happen. In my opinion, almost the entire SEC should take up the top spots in the BCS, because we all play each other, and hardly anyone can pull out a season with 2 or fewer losses. I loved it when OSU was talked up so big last year, and how mighty they were, and here come the (overrated SEC) team to play them, and look what happened. Way too much speed in the SEC. I know you guys are aggrevated with the few loses this season, but I know Saban will turn things around. Good luck with the next several games and good luck next year. I hate that football season is almost over.

If the SEC looks good Alabama looks good! If we had the same record in any other conference would we be ranked?
In more ways than $ the SEC is a team effort. First time I've pulled for UT recently was vs Cal this year. Can't let PAC 10 claim there better than the SEC teams.
Look at it this way. Hating another team in the SEC is like hating your in-laws. You don't want your in-laws to fall into bankruptcy and loose everything. Then you have to support them.
RSECR!

Back
Top Bottom