| FTBL No Mike Price for you!

• Thread starter imported_RollTideRandy
  • Start date
Guess they dont want Price back after all.

May turn out to be a good move for them. Alott of teams looking for coaches are going to have to go after up and comers this year. Some will pan out some wont......unfortunatley most of the ones that do will be snatched up by a bigger program after a few years

Chris4x4Gill2 said:
May turn out to be a good move for them.

I'll be shocked if it does. This dude was 53-40 at Eastern Washington. They hired him because he led them to an impressive 9-4 season this year? Come on, there had to be better candidates out there than this. Chris Hatcher for crying out loud has a winning percentage over 80% at Ga Southern and Valdosta St, if they want a lower division guy. They could have talked to Fran, or Gailey, or Dorrell, but instead they went with this guy? I think they may have just found a guy worse than Doba for crying out loud.

RollTideRandy said:
Chris4x4Gill2 said:
May turn out to be a good move for them.

I'll be shocked if it does. This dude was 53-40 at Eastern Washington. They hired him because he led them to an impressive 9-4 season this year? Come on, there had to be better candidates out there than this. Chris Hatcher for crying out loud has a winning percentage over 80% at Ga Southern and Valdosta St, if they want a lower division guy. They could have talked to Fran, or Gailey, or Dorrell, but instead they went with this guy? I think they may have just found a guy worse than Doba for crying out loud.

Getting a regional guy might work out for them, but talent has always been thin up there, and they'll have one good year with a senior heavy team and then drift back.

Hatcher will probably move up at some point, but not cross country. He's an unknown outside the South. Other than following Mumme to Kentucky and a brief stint at Central Florida, he's all south Georgia. If he had another year under his belt at GASO, he might have been in line for a Southern Miss type spot.

RTR,

Tim

Nice lead in! :lol:

Sein_soup_nazi-tm.jpg

I have a feeling that this has a lot more to do things other than coaching. If it just came down to coaching you know that Mike Price is the perfect fit. I just don't feel quite right though about Price going back to WSU and I can't help but feel that there are underlying issues behind the scenes with that situation.

It just makes me wonder how WSU has been effected internally since the Price leave/scandal.

Re: Who knows?

JSN4theTide said:
Jim Tressel came from Youngstown St. and he has taken Ohio State to 3 championships now.

Tressel is a good coach but he's also got it fairly easy at OSU. Washington State isn't even in the same stratosphere as OSU in terms of how good a job is. No one wants to go there due to Pullman, Washington being considered the armpit of college football.

Anyone that can pull off a winning record record there deserves to be coach of the year.

Back
Top Bottom