| FTBL No buyout in Coach Saban's contract

It Takes Eleven said:
Proud Tiger said:
It Takes Eleven said:
And, since he's now here at the top of the heap, with a contract to his liking, why worry? :D
Tim

Put this on a yellow sticky and put it where you will see it in the future :D

I have enough FLYS on my desk already... :D

OK I'll just remind you down the road a year or two when JoePa hangs it up and Saban is off to PSU. He will say he left the Bama cupboard full, earned his pay, but liked the challenge of going in behind JoePa.:lol:

Proud Tiger said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Proud Tiger said:
It Takes Eleven said:
And, since he's now here at the top of the heap, with a contract to his liking, why worry? :D
Tim

OK I'll just remind you down the road a year or two when JoePa hangs it up and Saban is off to PSU. He will say he left the Bama cupboard full, earned his pay, but liked the challenge of going in behind JoePa.:lol:

Bama fans don't have to worry about Saban bolting to Happy Valley. The Penn State predecessor for JoePa's HC position has already been selected and in place for some time now.

Todd Blackledge's knowledge of the game is so astute that he will be next in line for the job when it becomes available. :roll:

Porterhouse said:
There are only a handful of schools that can afford Saban, buyout or not... and they are either already in a good situation, or not a good fit for Saban. The lack of a buyout should not cause anyone to worry. I'm sure Josh Moon will explain to us that this spells doom for the Tide... but keep things in perspective folks. Worry about other things, like the damn idiots who are going to be calling and speaking to him on Hey Coach.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Excellent call Porter

bear facts said:
Proud Tiger said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Proud Tiger said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Tim

Bama fans don't have to worry about Saban bolting to Happy Valley. The Penn State predecessor for JoePa's HC position has already been selected and in place for some time now.

Todd Blackledge's knowledge of the game is so astute that he will be next in line for the job when it becomes available. :roll:

I'm sure Kirk Ferentz will be at the top of the wish list to replace Joe Pa.

rmctide said:
bear facts said:
Proud Tiger said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Proud Tiger said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Tim

That brings up a good question......Why if Ferentz paid so much? I mean he is a good coach but WOW one of the top 5 highest paid coaches in the nation and no NC :shock:

TrojanTiger13 said:
rmctide said:
bear facts said:
Proud Tiger said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Proud Tiger said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Tim

That brings up a good question......Why if Ferentz paid so much? I mean he is a good coach but WOW one of the top 5 highest paid coaches in the nation and no NC :shock:

Ears is paid a pile of Lowder bucks, and he hasn't had a NC, either. As of 11/06, only ears, fran, Beamer and Ferentz made over $2 million a year but had never delivered.

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
Ears is paid a pile of Lowder bucks, and he hasn't had a NC, either. As of 11/06, only ears, fran, Beamer and Ferentz made over $2 million a year but had never delivered.
RTR,
Tim
You left out at least two I can think of right off hand...Charlie Weiss of ND and Richt of Ga.
I can't speak for anyone besides myself but I'm very happy with the program Tubs is running at Auburn. There a lot more things that get my respect for a program besides winning a MNC.

Proud Tiger said:
It Takes Eleven said:
RTR,
Tim
You left out at least two I can think of right off hand...Charlie Weiss of ND and Richt of Ga.
I can't speak for anyone besides myself but I'm very happy with the program Tubs is running at Auburn. There a lot more things that get my respect for a program besides winning a MNC.

When it's been a half a century since our last one, perhaps we'll feel the same way.

Proud Tiger said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Proud Tiger said:
Of course it doesn't matter to me but I bet if there had been a poll here ahead of time on the buyout question, most of you would have favored having it. Joe Espy, Pres. of your BOTs is quoted in today's B'ham News as saying he preferred having a buyout clause but Saban didn't want one. Hmmmmmm.

They would have preferred to have Saban without a buyout than [insert coach here] with a buyout. The one year prohibition on recruiting any of the same athletes is a disincentive to go to another college team. When I'm 54, I hope I'm not confronted with an 8-year contract with a buyout. The idea of working until I'm 62 is not that appealing.

RTR,

Tim

Oh I totally agree with you. I wouldn't want one either if I'm the employee but it in these situations it is always the employer (UA in this case who wants the buyout to protect them. If I was paying Saban the bucks he is getting I would sure as heck have a hefty buyout clause. Lets face it, Saban has made several moves in the last few years and if he is successful at Bama he will be a hot commodity and someone will come coming with big bucks. Why wouldn't Bama want to protect it's self?

I seriously doubt he will be going anywhere in the near future. I think at best we will win 8 this year. Do you think Colleges around the country will be coming after Saban hot and heavy after 1 year at 7-5 or 8-4. I doubt it. Also look how much work the man has put into the program already. He is here to win and win big. Until he does that he will be here to stay IMO.

Honestly, there are more important things to worry about right now than things that none of can control...like CNS leaving with a free 32 mil. The man is here to stay as long as none of the high dollar dumbasses around campus give him hell for losing a ball game. That is my BIGGEST concern in the upcoming years. The reality is that Saban is not going undefeated this year. Probably not ever going undefeated :| . I don't see any SEC team going undefeated again. It's too tough. As long as he beats Auburn at least every other year and challenges for the SEC every other year, I honestly dont see why anyone should give him hell. Leave this guy alone and he will be here for 20 years. Try and tell him what to put in his coffee and he will skeedaddle over to Georgia for his retirement home. Let's just hope that the powers that be keep their mouths shut. ;w;w
The media will give him enough hell everytime he loses as it is. We should stand close to him no matter what. If you Shula lovers could stand by him through 3 losing seasons, i think you can manage to stand by Saban, who will never have a losing season. (che) Roll Tide and enjoy what is to come!

Back
Top Bottom