| FTBL New Polls are out!!

It has happened a lot more than you realize.

2003 LSU and USC shared the MNC with 1 loss a piece
1996 Florida had 1 loss
1965 Alabama and Mich St shared MNC with 1 loss
1977 Notre Dame with 1 loss
1978 Alabama and USC 1 loss
1982 Penn State
1983 Miami
1990 Colorado shared their title with 1 loss and 1 tie

Not to be piling it on............it's just that it has happened more than you think.

bamanaf said:
Missouri vs Kansas what a historic rivalry.
I assume you were being sarcastic. In that case, it is quite this historic rivalry actually, from a football standpoint and historical standpoint.

Here's a little history lesson.
150 years ago this week marks the start of what many experts agree is probably the real start to the U.S. Civil War - the Border War between Missouri and Kansas. Historians trace the roots of the conflict back to the earliest days of the young United States, the Northwest Ordinance of 1787. That act would establish states south of the Ohio River would be slave-holding ones, while those north would be free. That balance would hold until after the Louisiana Purchase when Missourians would petition to enter the union. Many wanted to see Missouri as a slave-holding state, despite the fact that it sat above that Ohio River line. Virgil Dean, research historian with the Kansas State Historical Society in Topeka says the Missouri Compromise of 1820 would try to settle that dispute. Everything within the Louisiana Purchase territory north of Missouri's southern border would be free. Missouri would be the lone exception until more compromises later would introduce the idea that the people in each new state could decide if they wanted to be slave or free. That concept of popular sovereignty would be put to the test in the newly formed Kansas Territory in 1854 as each side used trickery, election rigging, and all out war to keep the other from getting what they wanted the Border War between Missouri and Kansas.

And now a football standpoint.
As previously stated, MU and KU have the 2nd-most played rivalry in college football history, and this Saturday will mark the 116th meeting between the two heated rivals, with the series evenly deadlocked at 53-53-9.

Pinkel was my choice to replace DuBose when Fran was hired instead. He would have won big here.

That said, I am glad we have Saban.

Outlaw said:
BigAl said:
I did a poor job of saying what i meant. Ive never seen a time before where every team has at least one loss.

11. Hawaii 11-0

Just being picky. :wink:

Outlaw, I believe that if Hawaii beats Washington this week you must put them in the top six!!!

I want to see Colt '45's' Brennan & The Warriors at the BCS Stampede Corral...!

Someone should try to snatch Coach June Jones for one of the big jobs. He has had a great run with Hawaii.

BigAl said:
Tigrinum Major said:
BigAl said:
I did a poor job of saying what i meant. Ive never seen a time before where every team has at least one loss.

Were you drunk in 2003?
And your point is?

LSU, USC and Oklahoma all entered the BCS bowls with one loss. Boise State and Miami (OH) were the other one loss teams.

Were you that out of it in 2003 that you can't remember it?

Referee said:
Outlaw said:
BigAl said:

11. Hawaii 11-0

Just being picky. :wink:

Outlaw, I believe that if Hawaii beats Washington this week you must put them in the top six!!!

I want to see Colt '45's' Brennan & The Warriors at the BCS Stampede Corral...!

Someone should try to snatch Coach June Jones for one of the big jobs. He has had a great run with Hawaii.

I don't know about top 6, they still have the 119 ranked SOS.

musso said:
bamanaf said:
Missouri vs Kansas what a historic rivalry.

yeah, that rivalry is amazing! just think of all the national championships and eventual NFL players that have been involved in that rivalry. just amazing.

So, a rivalry is only considered a rivalry if the teams involved produce numerous NFL players? Odd logic.

Back
Top Bottom