| FTBL Netflix has released a documentary on Johnny Manziel: "Johnny Manziel’s chaotic football demise included a ‘$5 million bender’"

Ok, watched it tonight. Overall, I give it a B+. Manziel was indeed pretty forthright, credit to him for that. I'd chalk him up as the most athletic con man in history. His athletic career was basically just him living out his own personal Ponzi scheme... it was a matter of when, not if, it would come crashing down.

People that came off looking bad... Texas A&M (their admin and staff) for enabling him... the NCAA for showing, yet again, how inept they were/are... and most of all, his dad, who passed his entitlement down to his kid and doesn't have enough sense or self-awareness to know that it is solely his fault that little Johnny was such a fuck up (despite his attempt to blame others).

Also, watching the highlights in his win against Alabama, it is a sober reminder that it seems like more than half the time when Bama loses, it is because of some miraculous glitchy ass play and/or some out-of-body fairy tale performance. I know we all know that, just seems it gets lost in the wake sometimes.
I remember the pent up fury of the crowd (I can only imagine that of our D) in not being able to corral him, the huge roar when the sack was all but done, and then the drop in volume to nothing when he spun out and found the receiver alone in the end zone.

Hadn't planned on watching but I could change my mind. I was at that stupid game. Seats were right on the corner of the endzone where he dropped a dime to score their last TD. I have to give him credit for that but I was never a Manziel fan.

Ok, watched it tonight. Overall, I give it a B+. Manziel was indeed pretty forthright, credit to him for that. I'd chalk him up as the most athletic con man in history. His athletic career was basically just him living out his own personal Ponzi scheme... it was a matter of when, not if, it would come crashing down.

People that came off looking bad... Texas A&M (their admin and staff) for enabling him... the NCAA for showing, yet again, how inept they were/are... and most of all, his dad, who passed his entitlement down to his kid and doesn't have enough sense or self-awareness to know that it is solely his fault that little Johnny was such a fuck up (despite his attempt to blame others).

Also, watching the highlights in his win against Alabama, it is a sober reminder that it seems like more than half the time when Bama loses, it is because of some miraculous glitchy ass play and/or some out-of-body fairy tale performance. I know we all know that, just seems it gets lost in the wake sometimes.
It never gets lost with me. I keep those memories fresh in my mind all the time. I can't watch them when I watch highlights, but they're always there...in the back of my mind...playing over and over, again. I keep that shitty feeling going so those awesome wins are that much more awesome.

I try to remember all the games...the wins AND the losses.

Every. Thing. You. Said.

You already mentioned this, but I'll underscore how bad Sumlin, Kingsbury, and A&M admin looks in this documentary. Hell, Manziel's dad blamed the coaching staff. Kingsbury basically admitted that he felt like Manziel played better being wild, which is an indirect admission that he sacrificed Manziel's future for a few Saturday gamedays, a padded resume, pay raises, etc. They all rode Manziel's coattails not caring what self-destructive habits this kid was internalizing which could afflict him for the rest of his life. Without the Manziel bump, I dare say, A&M never attracts the capital investment necessary to sign Fisher and pay all these blue chip recruits.

Back
Top Bottom