| FTBL NCAA Games Of The Week : Week One.

MATCHUPMATCHUPTIMETVLOCATION
Howard@ Rutgers6:00 PMBIG10SHI Stadium, Piscataway, NJ
Western Carolina@ 24: NC State7:00 PMACC NETWORKCarter-Finley Stadium, Raleigh, NC
Lindenwood@ 22: Kansas8:00 PMESPN+Children's Mercy Park, Kansas City, KS
North Carolina@ Minnesota8:00 PMFOXHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
North Dakota State@ Colorado8:00 PMESPNFolsom Field, Boulder, CO
Coastal Carolina@ Jacksonville State8:00 PMCBSSNAmFirst Stadium, Jacksonville, AL
Eastern Illinois@ Illinois9:00 PMBIG10Memorial Stadium (Champaign, IL), Champaign, IL
Sacramento State@ San José State10:00 PMtruTVCEFCU Stadium, San Jose, CA

Like Quote

While I’m still protesting to the idea of a week 0, I will offer up that the small slate of games was entertaining as a whole.
For a day when the only dog I had in the fight was a "Benjamin," okay, two...

It was a good football day! FCS football can be bland, but still solid, fundamental football.

It's ironic I mentioned the stadium playing Ozzy last night. They were playing "Crazy Train." If this weekend was any indication ...

NOW, this was disappointing. Enunciation. I know she said Guinness, but only because I know Guinness is a beer and they were in Ireland. Perhaps, just perhaps, she's been in the Jameson?

• Brent Key is now 5-0 vs. ranked ACC opponents.
  • Georgia Tech had lost 15 straight games vs. Top 10 team. Their last victory was the blocked kick TD vs. Florida State in 2015.
  • Brent Key has more ranked wins at Georgia Tech (5) than Mike Norvell has at Florida State (4).
  • Florida State had won 15 straight games as a double-digit favorite. They were favored by 10.5 at kickoff.
  • This is Georgia Tech's first season opening victory since 2020 (also Florida State).
  • Florida State's 17-week streak ranked inside the Top 10 will come to an end (4th longest active)
  • Georgia Tech is 4-1 in their last five ACC games.
  • Florida State gained just 291 total yards.
  • Some very cool and very handsome people placed a Georgia Tech +3.5 1Q, Total Under 56.5 parlay.
  • The Seminoles have lost consecutive games for the first time since October 2022.
  • For the first time since 2019-2020, Florida State lost the last game of one season followed by a loss in the first game of the next season
  • Georgia Tech has won three of their last four games vs. Florida State.
  • Brent Key is 12-10 as Georgia Tech's head coach. His predecessor, Geoff Collins, was 10-28.
  • For the first time since 2014-2015, Georgia Tech won their final game of a season followed by a win in the next season's opener.
  • Georgia Tech held the Seminoles to just 98 yards rushing (3.2 ypc)
  • Florida State was up 8-0 after the first drive. They scored just 13 points the rest of the game.
  • In the second half, D.J. Uiagalelei was 7/13 passing for 97 yards.
  • Two of the last three wins for Georgia Tech over Florida State have involved last second kicking heroics.

I enjoy reading some of "Three Year Letterman's" posts on X occasionally. For me, his shtick is old. But, I still find entertainment watching people fall for his "trolls." All they have to do is a simple search and they'll see, it's a shtick.

The same applies with Danny Kannell. For me, his shtick is old. But, I still find entertainment watching people fall for his "trolls." It's a shtick.

While he doesn't work for ESPN any longer, why do people forget that this whole industry started with "The Mothership" whose acronym starts with "E," for Entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom