| MBB/WBB Nate Oats Contract Extension

Oats on extension:

"I've had a really good five years here working with Greg, Dr. Bell, the Board and just everybody around the school. love it here. We've turned the program around. A little disappointed tonight obviously. We'd like to be playing tomorrow, playing for the SEC Tournament championship. But we're in the NCAA Tournament.

In the 13 years before we got here, they had only played in two. This will be four straight for us. We've got the program headed in the right direction. We've got the commitment from the administration that they're going to continue to support us in the way I feel like we can compete to be a top 10, top 25 team year in and year out. I appreciate their support in keeping me here, take my name out of some of the other job openings that are there. Probably not great timing with this loss tonight.

I'm just ready for a change. This year has been dreadful. They should have learned their lesson from when Saban had O Brein and Golding

Yeah because what happens on the football field should translate to the basketball court & vice versa (sarcasm).

Yeah a man that has four SEC Regular Season championships + titles, two S16 appearances in four years, gave Alabama its first number one overall seed, recruits at an elite level, and now four straight NCAAT appearances is overrated.

@MunchyOs That's Oats accomplishments so far 👆 . . . And you're ready for him to go? You need a check up from the neck up.

Yeah because what happens on the football field should translate to the basketball court & vice versa (sarcasm).

@MunchyOs That's Oats accomplishments so far 👆 . . . And you're ready for him to go? You need a check up from the neck up.
It's possible I'm overreacting. It's just.... last night really discouraged me. I couldn't sleep last night after that embarrassing loss. It's the worst I've seen out of Bama since the lowest point of the Hobbs era.

With top 5 coaching Salary should we expect Top 5 results? I think we should. Expect better than last night and this year for sure. At least we have gotten out of the year after year talk of being on the bubble and will they even make the tournament. Top 5 pay that should be a given.

What people miss and I undersatand why after the Hobson years is that historically Bama basketball has been a good program. Just never took it to the next level. Paying Oats top 5 money should come with the expectation he will take the program where it has never gone and more consistency doing it.

This is such an obvious troll. You do realize we lost to auburn 49-37 when Grant was the HC?
Grant, Hobbs, Avery Johnson, it was all hot garbage. The body of work of the Oates era has been good. But this season has been embarrassing. Losing 2/3 in blowout fashion to a subpar Florida team speaks volumes. We will be one and done in the big dance. Maybe round 2 if we're lucky. Definitely not sweet 16. No more home court. Everything is on the road now. Not looking good

There are a few on this board two in particular that bitch and complain about CNO. This team over achieved this year IMO they did finish 3rd in the SEC not sure how anyone could see this as "embarrassing". Maybe those few would like to have A. Grant or A. Johnson back running the show so we could go back to hoping to being close or sweating the bubble. I have no doubt CNO will have us in the dance every year which we have NEVER had. If any coach can take us to a Final Four I believe he will do it. I look forward to him being out HC for many years.

Back
Top Bottom