| FTBL Most points surrendered by Alabama since.....

Oooo....he got mad once!! Stop the presses 🙄
I let my emotions after the game affect my posting. The STFU was not intended to be mean towards you it was meant to be more of a conversational dudes talking sports.

I hope you were not offended by my post. Upon reading post on here today it just looks like I could have chosen my words much better.

I think CNS has mellowed some certainly in the last 5 years or so. I blame it on that granddaughter :).

In all seriousness what he is doing during practice we never see but is really more important than the game. Somehow we are missing paying attention to details to the point we are not getting those corrected. Until we clean up penalties we are going to help the other team stay in the game. CNS always talks about you have to keep from losing the game before you can win it.

I let my emotions after the game affect my posting. The STFU was not intended to be mean towards you it was meant to be more of a conversational dudes talking sports.

I hope you were not offended by my post. Upon reading post on here today it just looks like I could have chosen my words much better.
Oh no problem. That was a difficult loss yesterday, so I understand completely. To be honest, I think the dynasty is at the beginning of the end, if nothing else, and it's hard to accept, even though I knew it had to end sometime. So I completely understand. No hard feelings at all. RTR

I think CNS has mellowed some certainly in the last 5 years or so. I blame it on that granddaughter :).

In all seriousness what he is doing during practice we never see but is really more important than the game. Somehow we are missing paying attention to details to the point we are not getting those corrected. Until we clean up penalties we are going to help the other team stay in the game. CNS always talks about you have to keep from losing the game before you can win it.
I’ve been saying for years that Saban’s defensive schemes are no longer effective but that’s never been more evident than it was yesterday. They’re either antiquated or too complicated or too easily navigated to be effective in today’s college game. Saban must be willing to admit it failings and bring in someone with schemes designed to thwart the modern offenses. In essence he needs to bring in a Kiffinesque defensive mind. Otherwise Bama will never have great defenses again under Saban no matter how many 5 stars he signs.

This was supposed to be an elite defense rife with 5 Star talent this season. And rightly so as there are at least seven NFL quality players on the defensive side of the ball. Including three first round talent pass rushers … yet opposing QB’s complete downfield passes at will in critical situations. Of course outdated schemes aren’t responsible for stupid penalties and blown coverages but since the same things are happening week after week, it still falls on coaching … and on a lack of player leadership. It’s obvious Bama doesn’t have the alpha leaders on defense they’ve had in the past or the same things wouldn’t be happening week after week. Teams no longer fear Bama because Bama’s defense no longer dominates the opposing offenses. Yesterday’s game looked like a Big 12 game … basketball on grass. And that’s not something I thought I’d ever say about a Bama team under Saban.

Yesterday's game looked like a Big 12 game … basketball on grass. And that’s not something I thought I’d ever say about a Bama team under Saban.
Not to be "that guy" but we had 17 penalties for way over 100 yards....Tennessee had 6 for 30 something....knew we were screwd when Bryce got smoked and also took a club to the side of the head, at least they reviewed one of them....when the "expert" tv ref say if that's not targeting he doesnt know what is and they dont call it, time to get the bbq sauce out because you're about to get roasted. That was THE shittiest officiating I've seen since the 1972 Olympic basketball game between the U.S. and Russia.
To the point, a lot of those penalties came on some very crucial stops by the defense.

Back
Top Bottom