| FTBL Most points surrendered by Alabama since.....

1907....The Bear wasn't even born yet. Good Lord. Saban is so fucking chill these days. Maybe his age has caught up and is mellowing him out. I can understand. But....he's too nonchalant about everything. The Saban of a few years ago wouldn't have been so laid back

1907....The Bear wasn't even born yet. Good Lord. Saban is so fucking chill these days. Maybe his age has caught up and is mellowing him out. I can understand. But....he's too nonchalant about everything. The Saban of a few years ago wouldn't have been so laid back
Saban seems more calm when we are behind. He was pretty animated with the special teams blunder. But yeah, I get it. At 71 (almost), you have to guard against losing your shit constantly.

LOL yep.....Saban needs to turn his secondary over to a new DB coach with new and fresh ideas...cause this aint workin!
After the Texas game, I thought maybe it was just a bad day. but all the other games after that, minus 1, have been just as bad defensively. Even the wins had some bad defensive play.

But this game had some GLARING problems. Especially in the secondary and when the QB or RB got to the 2nd level. Way too many holes or playing soft or.....falling down? WTF was up with that crap? It's happened a few times now in more than 1 game.

After the Texas game, I thought maybe it was just a bad day. but all the other games after that, minus 1, have been just as bad defensively. Even the wins had some bad defensive play.

But this game had some GLARING problems. Especially in the secondary and when the QB or RB got to the 2nd level. Way too many holes or playing soft or.....falling down? WTF was up with that crap? It's happened a few times now in more than 1 game.
Bingo

It is clear Bama has major problems in the secondary.

I'm thinking we'll have a new DC next year.
We have Charles Kelly coaching the safety position and the Robinson guy as the DB coach along with Nick. Their shitty play is on those three and not the DC. JMO

2 and 9 are pretty good tacklers but neither are worth a shit in coverage nor breaking on the ball. It's one thing to have a guy not great but hell we got a whole house full of average DB's and the entire nation saw this tonight. That was embarrassing. If you're going to play man. then get on the LOS with them and make the QB have to thread the needle instead of playing back 6 yards and allowing them to run and break full speed while your back peddling.

One thing i have noticed about Saban. When we are capable of wining but shooting ourselves in the foot, he looses his shit. When we are being outplayed, he’s calm.

I think each team is different as far as how he tempers himself. He knows them better than us so I can’t be upset if he’s not screaming every moment.

We had some bad bad things happen which were our fault, yes, the refs missed some plays but that always happens with our teams. Overcome it. Y’all know this receiver core is not what we have grown accustomed to and hell boys…some teams are catching up.

I’m glad we played close after the way the game started. I take solace in the fact that we still control our chances to win the West and who knows from there.

We have Charles Kelly coaching the safety position and the Robinson guy as the DB coach along with Nick. Their shitty play is on those three and not the DC. JMO

2 and 9 are pretty good tacklers but neither are worth a shit in coverage nor breaking on the ball. It's one thing to have a guy not great but hell we got a whole house full of average DB's and the entire nation saw this tonight. That was embarrassing. If you're going to play man. then get on the LOS with them and make the QB have to thread the needle instead of playing back 6 yards and allowing them to run and break full speed while your back peddling.

I keep asking and get no response. Who do you think gets those matchups when he sends in the calls? Zero pressure and causing those guys you named to be put in a situation to dl what they can't do. Who makes that call?

Better get used to it, this is the new norm. This defense is horrid and it will not be getting better. When Saban's recruiting falls off in the same way his coaching has it's going to get real ugly.

The last great D we had was 2016 I believe. Whichever year we lost to Clemson in the NC game. We have had some good ones but not great ones. Post Pruitt has been sub optimal.

Shut the f&ck up!!! did you see the GOAT loosing his shit today????

Back
Top Bottom