| FTBL Missing Swagger

Rome wasn't built in a day. Granted I was disappointed in the execution of the offense today, but I haven't heard anybody give Mickey Andrews credit for an excellent game plan and his defense played lights out. I agree our offense made them look that much better, but they were good nonetheless.

OxfordBamaFan said:
lots of teams do very well in the no huddle. MAYBE we should take a look at putting it in as about 75% of our offense since thats about the only thing that works.

Our very shorthanded defense is on the field too much as it is. If we were no-huddle and went 3-and outthat would give the defense less than a minute on the sidelines between series. No way Saban goes for that.

reger60 said:
OxfordBamaFan said:
lots of teams do very well in the no huddle. MAYBE we should take a look at putting it in as about 75% of our offense since thats about the only thing that works.

Our very shorthanded defense is on the field too much as it is. If we were no-huddle and went 3-and outthat would give the defense less than a minute on the sidelines between series. No way Saban goes for that.

Ok given the fact that todays game. The first 9 poss. that bama had resulted in punts. I can't see why we wouldn't try something to kick start our offense production...

Optimus said:
reger60 said:
OxfordBamaFan said:

Ok given the fact that todays game. The first 9 poss. that bama had resulted in punts. I can't see why we wouldn't try something to kick start our offense production...

No one knows the limitations and capabilities of this team better than the coaching staff. I have to believe all those plays that you saw that weren't working were all poorly executed attempts at "kick starting" the offense. None of those plays is designed to fail. They require execution to be successful.

reger60 said:
Optimus said:
reger60 said:
OxfordBamaFan said:

No one knows the limitations and capabilities of this team better than the coaching staff. I have to believe all those plays that you saw that weren't working were all poorly executed attempts at "kick starting" the offense. None of those plays is designed to fail. They require execution to be successful.

Bravo! That's correct! Now given the fact our offense plays better as a 2 min team. Why not use that because again given the results of this game it should be pointed out that what we are doing now is not working or didn't work today rather.

I'm just speaking as a fan by no means am I the coach.. Nor do I calm to be..

9 times we had the ball, and 9 times we kicked results = 0

So why not try something else. I mean FSU played 3 QB's and beat us! What a novel idea huh... If the offense is not working try something or someone else...

I have to agree Optimus. I find it hard to understand why we didn't try something to kick start the offense. Whether it was some "trickeration" plays or switching QBs for a series. Something...anything to break this lull in intensity we are seeing.

I know Applewhite has plenty of good plays up his sleeve. Sometime...sometime soon, please unleash them Major! We really have nothing to lose ya know.

Optimus said:
reger60 said:
Optimus said:
reger60 said:
OxfordBamaFan said:

Bravo! That's correct! Now given the fact our offense plays better as a 2 min team. Why not use that because again given the results of this game it should be pointed out that what we are doing now is not working or didn't work today rather.

9 times we had the ball, and 9 times we kicked results = 0

So why not try something else. I mean FSU played 3 QB's and beat us! What a novel idea huh... If the offense is not working try something or someone else...

Please don't patronize, pay attention.

It's not like we were ever out of that game. The score was 0-0 at the half. A turnover inside our own 10 gave them a TD. The risk of the consequence of a drastic change that had not been practiced all week and was outside the game plan was not worth taking.

Had the blown coverage not taken place and Fagg not scored on the long pass that game was tied. The offense would had ended with bad numbers, but we would have been there until the end. The goal of this team is not for the offense to gain 500 yards every week. The goal is to win games.

Once again, we came closer than we deserved, but it was within reach.

Back
Top Bottom