| FTBL Milroe and I don’t know what

I seems to me that Milroe being inconsistent, which has been an issue for him his entire Bama career, is being confused with Milroe hasn't progressed/improved any in the last year. When things aren't going well, he regresses in some areas, which is a concern. There's also been a reason for that, to a degree (physically), why that's happened both this season and last. That's not an excuse, it's a reality, and it's also part of it when you're in his position. It's also true that he has multiple areas where he needs to continue to improve. Earlier this season though, Ray Charles could see that he was running the zone read better than he ever had. His intermediate throws have been better this season. He's been better at making his reads... not where he needs to be, but better. Again,he still needs to improve in most all areas, and his feel in the pocket is certainly one of them.

EDIT: Also meant to add, he's on his 3rd OC in 3 seasons. For a college QB, that is a lot of turnover to deal with.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree with the two Mc's (our former QBs). I said in another post that the weakspots with Jalen have not improved from last year. This is not a personal thing - this is an objective assessment. It's simple - defenses have figured out how to defend him. So, the rest is simple, too. If we don't change anything, then the results wont' change. Jalen is not suddenly going to become a proficient pocket passer next week. Nor will his tendencies change next week either. The defenses against us will remain the same until we change something. And so.... we can keep another blocker in the backfield (or two) which reduces available receivers... we can do more tempo-driven, quick developing plays to offset the rush and reduce Jalen's available decisions to make.... or we can give Ty a try and not worry about hurt feelings.
The 1st quarter of the uGA was the best I have ever seen JM play and really excited me to his progression. He made some of the best and quickest decisions against some of the fastest and heavy pressure I have seen. As the 2nd half progressed in that game and then the next 12 quarters after the uGA game, I'm starting to think those were all predetermined on alignment and not active play reads.... leading me to really question how much JM has evolved over the last year. I guess more time will tell, but let's just say I'm not all the confident in him at this point... hoping he turns that thought process around.

My biggest thing about Milroe, is the claim of being injured… what will have to happen to give Simpson a bite of the apple…Simpson has to know they don’t trust him… I would not blame him for redshirting right now and leaving…

My biggest thing about Milroe, is the claim of being injured… what will have to happen to give Simpson a bite of the apple…Simpson has to know they don’t trust him… I would not blame him for redshirting right now and leaving…
i really don't buy the injury storyline.... and if true, then the coaching staff should be shot after watching some of those passes and leaving him in.

He's banged up more than injured. I teased on Sunday that he might end up on the SEC Availability Report this week, and if so, it would be legit. But it would also be for another reason too. However, with how DeBoer handles that stuff, it may be just as well to leave him off.

Whether Simpson gets meaningful snaps this season or not, he stuck around this season knowing he'd likely be #1 going into the spring. There's no reason for him to leave.

Can't recall if it was in that McCaron article or not (I think it was) but it was pointed out he is trying to be a pocket passer which he is not. I will say a game plan with shorter, quicker passes like the first half ot the UGA game would help Milroe.

He's banged up more than injured. I teased on Sunday that he might end up on the SEC Availability Report this week, and if so, it would be legit. But it would also be for another reason too. However, with how DeBoer handles that stuff, it may be just as well to leave him off.

Whether Simpson gets meaningful snaps this season or not, he stuck around this season knowing he'd likely be #1 going into the spring. There's no reason for him to leave.

My question is, are you riding an injured quarterback to inferiority or do you use your capable backup and let Milroe heal? What did the rest of the team do to deserve this decision? I say that because a quarterback at what, 75%, is what's best for the team? Is the backup "that bad"?

My question is, are you riding an injured quarterback to inferiority or do you use your capable backup and let Milroe heal? What did the rest of the team do to deserve this decision? I say that because a quarterback at what, 75%, is what's best for the team? Is the backup "that bad"?
Not being able to get the backup paying time due to Bama not able to comfortably put away teams is unfortunate for this team.

Back
Top Bottom