| FTBL Mel Kiper

Mel Kiper as a wee lad:

butch_patrick5.jpg

I bet he gets his smarts from Herman :lol:

Porter said:
Did Kiper say if we are more, or less, overrated than him? You know, for reference purposes?

There are a lot of people that are under the impression that Kiper is the greatest talent watch dog on the planet. The truth is, while he has made a good living doing his thing, he is far from the world's leading authority on any such subject. He can memorize names and stats with the best of them, but the info he gets comes from contacts around the league (coaches, GM's, etc). No different than Chris Mortensen, only Mortensen admits it. I know of someone who would sit and watch (live at the draft in NYC) as Kiper would call the GM (or other front office personnel) of the team on the clock and get the name of the player they were about to draft so that he could go on air seconds later and 'guess their pick', then play it up after it was announced. I've spoken with people who have spent a lot of time around Kiper and they flat out said that without his staff and his cellphone, he'd be lost. The dude is a fraud.

Makes you wonder if these Kiper "lobbyist" are feeding him this garbage. I am sure there are plenty of agendas to be had out there. In the USA, there are two primary political parties. In college football, there are about 120. #2 has painted a big bulls eye on our back and I look for guys like Kiper to continue their vitriol until they no longer can. Eventually, they will be exposed for their bias when it becomes blatantly obvious that is what they are doing. Some of the national reporters have already backed off their attacks with our recent success.

I didn't see the piece so this is just my supposition...

Is it possible he's saying over-rated because of the number of players we have that'll be in the draft? In all honesty, we are looking at 3, max. (3 if Cody decides to leave)

As much as we like Rashad, I can't see him being a pick in the first two rounds. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the 5th, 6th round.

After that, who? Marlon? I would think McCall and Walker go before M. Davis...maybe before Rashad as well.

Back
Top Bottom