| FTBL Media is Quick Again

T-shirts reading "Sabanation" are hot sellers in Alabama these days, part of the Nick Saban hysteria that has consumed the state since the day he double-talked his way out of the NFL to resurrect the Crimson Tide. One Alabama couple named their newborn Saban before the guy had even coached a game. An insane 92,000 fans showed up to watch the spring game. Bama gave him a $32 million contract, richest in college coaching history, and hardly anyone blinked.

Then the Tide opened the year 3-0, upsetting Arkansas last week in the final seconds. And the hero worship somehow intensified.

The pregame talk radio Saturday was so full of Saban talk that it seemed he must have been starting on both sides of the ball, in addition to a full load of special-teams duties. One station excitedly reminded listeners that it would carry Saban's Monday news conference live -- fitting for the leader of his own nation. Pat Forde

What a d :!: ck

I read the article and found nothing wrong with it. If we had won an article just like it would have been posted and we would raved about how 'smart' the press is to talk about us. We lost. Get over it guys. We got FSU next week.

I hated to see the student section react like that, and I figured there would be mention of it in the press. Of course, no one mentioned the Georgia fans who were allegedly tearing down the flags beside the walk of champions on their way out. Anyway, my wife summed it up like this: "Had you rather have liquor thrown on you at Alabama, or urine poured on you at LSU?"

For the record, I'd rather everyone just take the loss like an adult.

GeorgiaTider said:
I read the article and found nothing wrong with it. If we had won an article just like it would have been posted and we would raved about how 'smart' the press is to talk about us. We lost. Get over it guys. We got FSU next week.

I read it found it to be pig headed factually flawed. As stated the hero worship intensified? :roll:

One Alabama couple named their newborn Saban before the guy had even coached a game.

I'm sorry but fans like that need to be punched in the throat.

I wouldn't be suprised if some people have sabanation tattoos :roll:

It's one thing if you've been a HC long enough and have made some incredible things happen. But this early in the season and this being his 1st year, c'mon people! I'm kind of glad we lost. It will hopefully remind some of these delusional fans that we are a team in progress with MANY bad habits. It will take time.

I just hope the pseudo-faithful can understand that and stays behind the team when we lose games. I hate people brought up this national championship or SEC champ crap. That nonsense is now hopefully extinguished and we can get back to improving as a team and program. This is what Saban has been trying to tell people and the crazy fans.

/rant

As for the article. Eh, it's typical ESPN slinging. But backhanded column or not, I'm disappointed our fans can't show better class than that. If anyone was going to throw cups and crap, they should of just stayed in thier double-wide trailer. We don't need that and are better than sore losers.

BAMA JAMMA said:
One Alabama couple named their newborn Saban before the guy had even coached a game.

I'm sorry but fans like that need to be punched in the throat.

I wouldn't be suprised if some people have sabanation tattoos :roll:

It's one thing if you've been a HC long enough and have made some incredible things happen. But this early in the season and this being his 1st year, c'mon people! I'm kind of glad we lost. It will hopefully remind some of these delusional fans that we are a team in progress with MANY bad habits. It will take time.

I just hope the pseudo-faithful can understand that and stays behind the team when we lose games. I hate people brought up this national championship or SEC champ crap. That nonsense is now hopefully extinguished and we can get back to improving as a team and program. This is what Saban has been trying to tell people and the crazy fans.

/rant

As for the article. Eh, it's typical ESPN slinging. But backhanded column or not, I'm disappointed our fans can't show better class than that. If anyone was going to throw cups and crap, they should of just stayed in thier double-wide trailer. We don't need that and are better than sore losers.

Well said Jamma!

Back
Top Bottom