| FTBL Marty Smith article with Coach Saban

Sorry for you loss bamachine. My dad is getting up there also. Dreading that day for sure. Been fortunate both my parents are still around.
He almost made it to 87, a few weeks away from it. As hard of a life as he led, he was a tough motor scooter to make it that long. Lost my mom about 9 years ago, she made it to 75 but constant medicine for arthritis did her in. All of my 4 brothers are now in their sixties, I am turning 48 this year, was a complete accident, I am sure they thought they were done with kids by then.

I lost my dad back in Feb of this year, that article hit me right in the gut.

I'm sorry for your loss, the article caught me right between the eyes as well. My Dad left us last October and I still find myself reaching for my phone to call him. He was given six months to live after a pancreatic cancer diagnosis, but lasted three and a half years, three of it really good quality of life. When I'm doing something mechanical or construction wise, it's like his voice is my ear telling me what to do.

RTR,

Tim

I'm sorry for your loss, the article caught me right between the eyes as well. My Dad left us last October and I still find myself reaching for my phone to call him. He was given six months to live after a pancreatic cancer diagnosis, but lasted three and a half years, three of it really good quality of life. When I'm doing something mechanical or construction wise, it's like his voice is my ear telling me what to do.

RTR,

Tim
Sorry for yours as well. My dad was similar, he taught me how to fix cars, carpentry, electrical, plumbing and how to be a gopher for masonry(he never let me actually lay brick or blocks, I was the mixer and carrier for mud). He was a carpenter for 20 years and a millwright for another 30, before retiring at 65(he started officially working at 15, although he had been working under the table for years before that).

Sorry for yours as well. My dad was similar, he taught me how to fix cars, carpentry, electrical, plumbing and how to be a gopher for masonry(he never let me actually lay brick or blocks, I was the mixer and carrier for mud). He was a carpenter for 20 years and a millwright for another 30, before retiring at 65(he started officially working at 15, although he had been working under the table for years before that).

My Dad was a brick mason by trade, continuing to do his own masonry work for years once he became a general contractor. I carried blocks and tongs of brick every summer, dug ditches, put shingle bundles on ridges to get a better square price, installed insulation - all the strong back stuff - but I got an understanding of what construction was about.

Back
Top Bottom