| FTBL LSU or Auburn?

Who do you want Bama to beat more?

• Total voters
If beating LSU means going to Atlanta then by all means, but that would be the only way I would not vote to beat the Barn first. Kind of a loaded question. Sure is nice to be talking about this though :D

First off, we can't look past MSU or La Monroe. Just had to say that before I discussed this.

Having a shot at the SEC West is something special. However, losing to Auburn 6 times in a row is down right embarrassing. Personally, I think we will win the west in a couple of years(if not next season). I think the in-state rivalry matters more, even if we have a shot at the SEC West.

If we end up beating LSU and losing to Auburn however, it wouldn't hurt as much knowing we have a ticket to Atlanta. :D

I rather beat Auburn and not go to Atlanta than losing to them and winning the SEC. We will be on top of the SEC soon enough, I'm dead tired of this five in a row crap, it has to end!!!!!

Bama Los said:
I rather beat Auburn and not go to Atlanta than losing to them and winning the SEC. We will be on top of the SEC soon enough, I'm dead tired of this five in a row crap, it has to end!!!!!
Tell it like it is brother.

I'd just as soon beat both of them.

But, if we can only win one of them, I'll take LSU. If we beat LSU and MSU, then we are in Atlanta with a chance to win the SEC. I don't know about you folks, but winning championships to me is what Alabama is all about. One game means nothing.

The Aubs could not care less if they were 1-11 as long as the one was Alabama. I don't want Alabama to be like that. Sure, I'll hate it if we lose to Auburn, but if we lose to Auburn and win the SEC West or the SEC Championship, I can live with it.

Bama Los said:

Auburn all the way!

I'll throw in my 2 cents on this one. Personally I would prefer "all of the above" :D . However, since that is not one of the choices I'll have to go with LSU. I would absolutely hate the idea of listening to Auburn fans gloat about starting on the other hand, but I think that playing in Atlanta would make the better statement. I'm gonna kind of flip what some others have said on here. I think in the coming years we are going to dominate Auburn. Now, if a coach takes a 6-7 team, that had some good players graduate, has little depth and experience on the defense, and gets them to the Conference Championship that makes a statement. That answers the question:"Why in the world would they pay 4 million a year for that guy?" That shows what kind of coach we have. Yes, the Aubs would crow about having six, but it would be whistling in the graveyard. Because they would know that "the six" was all that they had to hold onto. They would know that the Tide had turned. JMO

LSU without a doubt. Big picture here people. Yes, losing to AU would suck this year but if we are heading to Atlanta in the process does it really matter? We already have the state locked up this year in recruiting. Can you imagine the national media clips if Saban takes a 6-7 Alabama team to the SECCG in his first year? Can you imagine what the recruits would be thinking?

LSU and Atlanta all the way!!!!

Wiseace615 said:
I'll throw in my 2 cents on this one. Personally I would prefer "all of the above" :D . However, since that is not one of the choices I'll have to go with LSU. I would absolutely hate the idea of listening to Auburn fans gloat about starting on the other hand, but I think that playing in Atlanta would make the better statement. I'm gonna kind of flip what some others have said on here. I think in the coming years we are going to dominate Auburn. Now, if a coach takes a 6-7 team, that had some good players graduate, has little depth and experience on the defense, and gets them to the Conference Championship that makes a statement. That answers the question:"Why in the world would they pay 4 million a year for that guy?" That shows what kind of coach we have. Yes, the Aubs would crow about having six, but it would be whistling in the graveyard. Because they would know that "the six" was all that they had to hold onto. They would know that the Tide had turned. JMO

Agreed 100 percent.

Wiseace615 said:

Totally agree

As Argo said, look at the big picture. Sure it would be nice to beat Auburn this year, and who knows, we just might! But I'd rather take a stab at winning in ATL in the conference than letting that opportunity pass us by just to shut up some lame coach named Tubby and his bandwagon followers.

I look at this two ways. First, who says we are ever going to have another shot to go back to the SECCG? Ask Fulmer if he'd like to go back. Or Nutt. Or even Tubby. It isn't an easy task by any stretch. So, if we have an opportunity to get there, I think we have to make that priority #1. Second, and this goes hand in hand with the first, beating the Barn but not going to the Title Game would be like winning the battle but losing the war. I would rather be the best in the SEC, or at least the West, than the best in the state. Plus, since when is beating the barn special. Just because they have a streak going, I'm supposed to forget about what makes us Bama? I don't think so.

LSU! No, wait...Auburn. No. LSU...uh...well, I feel very strongly both ways.

Actually, I'll pick LSU because of the championship and because I have to live down here. :roll:

Argo said:
LSU without a doubt. Big picture here people. Yes, losing to AU would suck this year but if we are heading to Atlanta in the process does it really matter? We already have the state locked up this year in recruiting. Can you imagine the national media clips if Saban takes a 6-7 Alabama team to the SECCG in his first year? Can you imagine what the recruits would be thinking?

Agreed. Voting for the barn in this poll is ironically enough... a barn mentality.

Porterhouse said:
Argo said:

Agreed. Voting for the barn in this poll is ironically enough... a barn mentality.

Bingo! Porter's got it.

Back
Top Bottom