| FTBL LSU or Auburn?

Who do you want Bama to beat more?

• Total voters
I care about championships. That means beating LSU.

Plus it would kill the barners to know that even though they may have beaten us, we were still the one's in Atlanta playing for the conference championship.

It's really a moot question after beating TENNESSEE, but I suppose putting an end to the Aubies counting fingers like they do in advanced trig would make them the most desirable

This what I don't understand about this whole argument about going to the SEC-CG. Beating LSU and/or Auburn aren't really separate things as far as going to the SEC-CG goes.

We control our own destiny, but short of Auburn losing another game (which we have no control over), we have to beat both teams to make the trip to Atlanta. If we lose to either team, we do not go to Atlanta, plain and simple. At least that's the way we should be looking at it because, like I said, we can't control who they win or lose to.

I voted for beating Auburn because we have to beat both teams to go to the CG and I would much rather beat Auburn than LSU. Beating LSU gives us a shot at the CG game, but losing to Auburn takes us right back out of it, so losing to either takes the CG out of the equation.

On a related note, what would happen if we beat LSU but lost to AU and neither team lost another game? That would mean Bama beat LSU who beat Auburn who beat Bama giving us a three way tie with two losses each. Would a coin-flip decide the winner?

The barn has two West losses right now. We have none and LSU has none. We are tied with LSU. We beat LSU we are in first for the west. We can then lose to the barn because we would still have the better Western record even if we lose to them. A loss to the barn would then tie us with LSU with one West loss, but we win the tie breaker had we beat them heads up.

We only need to beat LSU and MSU to go to ATL.

AlaphaMale said:
The barn has two West losses right now. We have none and LSU has none. We are tied with LSU. We beat LSU we are in first for the west. We can then lose to the barn because we would still have the better Western record even if we lose to them. A loss to the barn would tie us with LSU with one West loss, but we win the tie breaker if we had beat them heads up.

Ahhhhh. I didn't realize that losses were separated according to division losses. I thought it was only looked at according to SEC losses in general.

Stupid Steve ;sh

moreno_iv said:
AlaphaMale said:
The barn has two West losses right now. We have none and LSU has none. We are tied with LSU. We beat LSU we are in first for the west. We can then lose to the barn because we would still have the better Western record even if we lose to them. A loss to the barn would tie us with LSU with one West loss, but we win the tie breaker if we had beat them heads up.

Ahhhhh. I didn't realize that losses were separated according to division losses. I thought it was only looked at according to SEC losses in general.

Stupid Steve ;sh

Hopefully other barn voters shared your confusion.

I voted for au-barn knowing that before last saturday we were tied for the SEC West. But you know, LSU is the only team I feel confident that can beat OSU. Georgia is too far down to get up into the top 3 and Oregon does great till a bowl game and they just seem to choke. And I called the boston college upset to FSU last wednesday.

So when it all comes down to it, even though I hate Miles, I guess I hate tubberville alittle more. :D

Back
Top Bottom