| FTBL LSU Fans Are Laughing It Up At Our Expense

CrimsonPirate said:
moreno_iv said:
You know what's ridiculous about that board? One of them said something about how LSU means more to Bama than Bama means to LSU, but there are 8 threads about Bama on the top of the board and most of them have over 3 pages of replies.

Methinks LSU fans are stupid.

Moreno, for more than 29 years, I've been trying to convince these LSU fans that we don't consider LSU a rival as much as they do Bama. They look at me like, "You can't be serious." I think it's called "delusions of grandeur" or some such malady.

CP, I did the same thing for the 6 years that I lived in St. Francisville and Baton Rouge. I finally gave up. If Walker Percy was still around, I'm sure he would have coined a phrase for the malady by now. :wink:

Moreno,

LSU fans, and Louisiana folks in general, never cease to amaze me when it comes to their views and practices on certain subjects, particularly when it concerns college football and Louisiana politics.

Methinks you are giving them too much credit. :D

moreno_iv said:
You know what's ridiculous about that board? One of them said something about how LSU means more to Bama than Bama means to LSU, but there are 8 threads about Bama on the top of the board and most of them have over 3 pages of replies.

Methinks LSU fans are stupid.

One page of posts here has more value than 3 pages of posts there. :lol:

After reading such well rounded material as "Why do you hate Alabama"?

I really hope Alabama wins this game. Such a one sided pig-headed people who are either stupid, irritating, or ridiculous. Should have a humbling experience once in a while.

I never go to other boards to talk smack. Nor do I bash the other teams any chance I get, yet these LSU fans are IMO 100% jackasses on that board.

Talk about an obsession!

Optimus said:

I really hope Alabama wins this game. Such a one sided pig-headed people who are either stupid, irritating, or ridiculous. Should have a humbling experience once in a while.

I never go to other boards to talk smack. Nor do I bash the other teams any chance I get, yet these LSU fans are IMO 100% jackasses on that board.

Talk about an obsession!

Optimus, if you have had to lived amongst them, you would not have narrowed your comment about jackasses to "that board."

I hear ya, bro.

Occasionally ranking as "mildly humorous". For the amount of time obviously invested, it was a disappointment.

As for being offended about the Bear, you guys act like you are angry when Rednecks act like Rednecks. You can't expect a Tiger to change it stripes when it starts posting, can you?

bear facts said:
Optimus said:

Talk about an obsession!

Optimus, if you have had to lived amongst them, you would not have narrowed your comment about jackasses to "that board."

I hear ya, bro.

Well, bear I really never say much at all to anyone here. I enjoy being a Alabama and PROUD OF IT TOO! I give others respect if they're for Barn,Tenn, or Lsu. I'd never say crap like this "We used to be dominant" "The bear is still alive" "12 National Championships.." as stated by Chimlim

Well, guess what if you had a BEAR you might have something to talk about. If you had won more the 2 NC's then you might have something to talk about. They want to run their mouth about we use to dominant Alabama and LSU will met for the 71st time on Saturday with Alabama holding a 43-22-5 lead in the series after the Tigers earned a 28-14 victory last year.

I guess they're to dumb to know how to do the math!

LBS said:
Occasionally ranking as "mildly humorous". For the amount of time obviously invested, it was a disappointment.

As for being offended about the Bear, you guys act like you are angry when Rednecks act like Rednecks. You can't expect a Tiger to change it stripes when it starts posting, can you?

Do you even know where the term redneck comes from?

Another popular theory stems from the use of red bandanas tied around the neck to signify union affiliation during the violent clashes between United Mine Workers and coal mine owners between 1910 and 1920<<< What my dad always told me why I'm in the IBEW!!!!! Union!!!!

Although your point is vaild.

Optimus said:
bear facts said:
Optimus said:

Talk about an obsession!

I hear ya, bro.

Well, bear I really never say much at all to anyone here. I enjoy being a Alabama and PROUD OF IT TOO! I give others respect if they're for Barn,Tenn, or Lsu. I'd never say crap like this "We used to be dominant" "The bear is still alive" "12 National Championships.."

Well, guess what if you had a BEAR you might have something to talk about. If you have won more the 2 NC's then you might have something to talk about. They want to run thir mouth about we use to dominant Alabama and LSU will met for the 71st time on Saturday with Alabama holding a 43-22-5 lead in the series after the Tigers earned a 28-14 victory.

Listen, their obsession about beating Bama runs very very deep. Yes, at one time Tulane was their arch rival and then the Ole Miss rivalry became very intense in the late 50's and on into the Bert Jones era. They also now have their "Golden Boot Trophy" game with Arkansas, but in the mid 70's until now, those folks have lived to beat Alabama.

The Saban events has only fueled their obsession.

I sincerely believe all this stems from Coach Bryant's dominance over Cholly Mac. Back in the mid 70's it seemed like the two biggest games in terms of SEC Championship ramifications were Tennessee/Alabama and LSU/Alabama. With the exception of '76 (Georgia) those two match-ups loomed big in terms of who went on to win the SEC. LSU fans always get "coonass giddy" when they talk about beating Alabama. To hear them talk, you would think it happens every year.

When I first met my wife in Baton Rouge back in '86, one of her proud possessions was a play-by-play game chart of the '82 LSU/Bama game when Stovall and his Tigers defeated Bama. That's how obsessed she was about LSU beating the Crimson Tide.

Heck, many Tiger (and Southern Miss) fans still love to brag about their respective schools causing Coach Bryant to retire.

And I also get occasionally reminded that LSU snapped Bama's 31-game win streak in '93. :roll:

I only see LSU fans' obsession and jealously for anything Alabama growing even stronger when the Crimson Tide reclaims the SEC crown and its rightful place in the conference.

bear facts said:
Optimus said:
bear facts said:
Optimus said:

Talk about an obsession!

I hear ya, bro.

Well, bear I really never say much at all to anyone here. I enjoy being a Alabama and PROUD OF IT TOO! I give others respect if they're for Barn,Tenn, or Lsu. I'd never say crap like this "We used to be dominant" "The bear is still alive" "12 National Championships.."

Well, guess what if you had a BEAR you might have something to talk about. If you have won more the 2 NC's then you might have something to talk about. They want to run thir mouth about we use to dominant Alabama and LSU will met for the 71st time on Saturday with Alabama holding a 43-22-5 lead in the series after the Tigers earned a 28-14 victory.

Listen, their obsession about beating Bama runs very very deep. Yes, at one time Tulane was their arch rival and then the Ole Miss rivalry became very intense in the late 50's and on into the Bert Jones era. They also now have their "Golden Boot Trophy" game with Arkansas, but in the mid 70's until now, those folks have lived to beat Alabama.

The Saban events has only fueled their obsession.

I sincerely believe all this stems from Coach Bryant's dominance over Cholly Mac. Back in the mid 70's it seemed like the two biggest games in terms of SEC Championship ramifications were Tennessee/Alabama and LSU/Alabama. With the exception of '76 (Georgia) those two match-ups loomed big in terms of who went on to win the SEC. LSU fans always get "coonass giddy" when they talk about beating Alabama. To hear them talk, you would think it happens every year.

When I first met my wife in Baton Rouge back in '86, one of her proud possessions was a play-by-play game chart of the '82 LSU/Bama game when Stovall and his Tigers defeated Bama. That's how obsessed she was about LSU beating the Crimson Tide.

Heck, many Tiger (and Southern Miss) fans still love to brag about their respective schools causing Coach Bryant to retire.

And I also get occasionally reminded that LSU snapped Bama's 31-game win streak in '93. :roll:

I only see LSU fans' obsession and jealously for anything Alabama growing even stronger when the Crimson Tide reclaims the SEC crown and its rightful place in the conference.

Seems to me they are by far more concered with us than anyone else. Or like this a NC game to them! Talk about an obsessed crowd. By all rights "on paper" LSU wins. Big deal? They way this season has gone you never know. I'd be more than happy to reg on the site and drop a big RTR! lol

This going to be the longest week and half my life! BIG RTR GO BAMA!!!!! :ele

planomateo said:
yeah, but you guys have to admit this post is REALLY funny....

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=5808479

there are some on here that have me ROTFLMAO, some of these are great.

;j;l;

STFU-Hand_Puppet.gif

haha, thats a good one too. it will be nice to have this game behind us soon, i don't know how much of this waiting I can take to be honest.

but I have to say, the Auburn is more important to me to win at this point, I don't want to see them holding up 6 digits, EVER again.

planomateo said:
haha, thats a good one too. it will be nice to have this game behind us soon, i don't know how much of this waiting I can take to be honest.

but I have to say, the Auburn is more important to me to win at this point, I don't want to see them holding up 6 digits, EVER again.

Indeed. I don't care if LSU stomps us into the ground if it means we beat AU. I CANNOT take another loss to them. I'll have to move if they win again.

some of them were actually funny, some stupid, some corny but wow did u see the comment that jackass "chrisfarleyLSU" said?

"where is prothro??

OHHHH wait when Saban got to bama that jackass kicked their mascot off the team"

then he had to laughing smileys after it. wow real classy.

Back
Top Bottom