| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Looking forward to this: 'Masters of the Air' via Apple TV

Graham Yost is one of the exec's on this...

Soundtrack, for the opening...fits a Hanks / Spielberg film. (His son is in this according to the opening credits.)

I know, E1 and I'm just through the opening scene.

This looks to be a good one.

I've seen this panned by a few. I've enjoyed the series (a few minutes into Pt.5 right now.)

The question / thought dawns on me. The Tuskegee Airmen protected the four groups; one of them was the 100th. By the intro it looks like we may see that "arc" introduced...wondering if, and when.

Just like The Pacific I think a lot of people are judging this series against Band of Brothers.

Apple now has enough out that if you were thinking about that "trial" run for a month or two there's enough content to make it worth the money.

In a few years I'll watch this again.

If you use apple products, every time you upgrade or buy one you get 3 months free. I bought a new Mac book pro, so I’m watching everything pretty quick. Also have paramount+ for $2.99 a month for 3 months. So those 2 are what I’ve been watching the last couple weeks..

It’s good, but not great. IMO, in BoB and The Pacific they developed the characters more and you understood their backstory in more depth. It helped to know how the characters got to where they were.

Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t watch it again.

It’s good, but not great. IMO, in BoB and The Pacific they developed the characters more and you understood their backstory in more depth.
Comparing everything to Band of Brothers seems unfair. In my view that was a ground-breaking series.

I can't put The Pacific in the same category. BUT...

I read Ambrose's book before seeing Band of Brothers.

I saw The Pacific before reading Leckie's book. Or, Sledge's. When I watched it the second time I enjoyed it a little more.

I looked this one up: $90 for the hardback, about $20 for Kindle. I reserved a digital copy from CCPL yesterday. We'll see how good of a read it is in the next couple of weeks.

Comparing everything to Band of Brothers seems unfair. In my view that was a ground-breaking series.

I can't put The Pacific in the same category. BUT...

I read Ambrose's book before seeing Band of Brothers.

I saw The Pacific before reading Leckie's book. Or, Sledge's. When I watched it the second time I enjoyed it a little more.

I looked this one up: $90 for the hardback, about $20 for Kindle. I reserved a digital copy from CCPL yesterday. We'll see how good of a read it is in the next couple of weeks.
Probably unfair, but those two series are the most common in genre and format. You learned about each character’s background, training and emotions.

Back
Top Bottom