| FTBL Look who's on the list for Duke.

Anybody remember Ted Roof when he was at Bama? How did Duke ever reach the conclusion that he would be a good head coach? So much for Dukies being smart.

TerryP said:
AlabamaSlammer said:
psychojoe said:
They said they were looking for a more exciting offense. That eliminates CMS.

Do they have someone who can run up the middle 48 times a game?

On the Lacrosse team?

That lacrosse team will probably be ranked preseason #1.

Btw, I have a lot of respect for anyone who plays for one of the elite lacrosse programs. That sport is more difficult than it actually looks.

If you don't believe me, pick up a Lacrosse stick and pass and retrieve a few Lacrosse balls (without even attempting to run in the process).

I bet Duke's football program would love to land a lacrosse player like this former football and lacrosse great:

jimbrown.jpg

Folks are more likely to recognize him in this uniform, though.

smg-aubrownj16f.jpg

psychojoe said:
They said they were looking for a more exciting offense. That eliminates CMS.

I dunno. Depends upon one's definition of exciting. Some people get excitement from playing the lottery...Shula's offense is similar.

psychojoe said:
Shula's offense was like playing the lottery all right, but with last week's ticket.

Think about it though...Its a good comparison...what are your chances to win the lottery even with a new ticket?

Shula's offense had a difficult time sustaining drives but would explode for a 60 yard TD. Lottery tickets are worthless and then BAM!

When you are matching lotto numbers you might get a few to match, but when it gets to the point where you win the money - the 6 is a 9 = Shula's offense inside the red zone...the 6 is a 3 if you are lucky.

Big_Fan said:
psychojoe said:
Shula's offense was like playing the lottery all right, but with last week's ticket.

Think about it though...Its a good comparison...what are your chances to win the lottery even with a new ticket?

That is a good analogy. I am a huge Dilbert fan and I remember a sequence when Dogbert was arrested for selling people last week's lottery ticket at 1/2 price. His response was that he didn't see what the fuss was about. This week's tickets only had one chance in six million more of winning than the ones he was selling.

Back
Top Bottom