| FTBL Let's bash Bama?

Seems to me that these guys flatter themselves a bit too much. It could very well be that its easier to be a coach in a weak conference like the Big East rather than a real conference like the SEC. So if you are happy at a mediocre school like WV or Rutgers then good stay there. We got Nick Saban! (gr)

Hey guys...Im new to the board so take it easy on me! haha

This semester I am transferring to Bama from Virginia Tech and my younger brother is enrolling at Bama as a freshman. Being from Virginia Tech I'm pretty darn familiar with the ACC and Big LEast level of competition. My first time seeing the facilities at Bama my jaw dropped and I was in complete awe. There is absolutely NO WAY that WVU can remotely compare to Bama in any facet of the game--facilities, recruits, tradition, and conference. You guys should just completely ignore this article--Who needs Rich Rodriguez when we have Saban?!? Trust me we definitely have the last laugh.

BamaFan18 said:
Hey guys...Im new to the board so take it easy on me! haha

This semester I am transferring to Bama from Virginia Tech and my younger brother is enrolling at Bama as a freshman. Being from Virginia Tech I'm pretty darn familiar with the ACC and Big LEast level of competition. My first time seeing the facilities at Bama my jaw dropped and I was in complete awe. There is absolutely NO WAY that WVU can remotely compare to Bama in any facet of the game--facilities, recruits, tradition, and conference. You guys should just completely ignore this article--Who needs Rich Rodriguez when we have Saban?!? Trust me we definitely have the last laugh.

Welcome to the board... and welcome to Tuscaloosa and The University of Alabama. :)

Porterhouse said:
MDBtrumpet04 said:
This cracked me up...

When asked if he was surprised his coach turned down Alabama, West Virginia QB Patrick White smirked.

"But we're West Virginia," he said. "Who is Alabama? :lol: I'm not an Alabama fan, never will be."

I'm ashamed to say that he was a fellow Daphne Trojan.

My high school played him in the first round of the 2001 state playoffs, the year they broke Hoover's streak with the 6a championship

Porterhouse said:
MDBtrumpet04 said:
This cracked me up...

When asked if he was surprised his coach turned down Alabama, West Virginia QB Patrick White smirked.

"But we're West Virginia," he said. "Who is Alabama? :lol: I'm not an Alabama fan, never will be."

I'm ashamed to say that he was a fellow Daphne Trojan.

It sure would be nice to play WV now.

Welcome BamaFan18, glad to have you man. I'll be in T-town this fall too, just taking a different route. :wink:

Here's the part that cracks me up:

By staying put, these coaches added to the Big East's -- and their own -- rep, which in any given year now includes three national championship contenders -- Rutgers, Louisville and West Virginia.

Funny how Rutgers and West Virginia weren't considered NC contenders until Miami and Boston College left the Big East.

Rutgers 2002: 1-11
Rutgers 2003: 5-7
Rutgers 2004: 4-7

WV 2002: 9-4
WV 2003: 8-5
WV 2004: 8-4

Louisville record in its last three seasons in the powerhouse Conference USA.

Louisville 2002: 7-6
Louisville 2003: 9-4
Louisville 2004: 11-1 (woohoo)

Take Michigan and Ohio State out of the Big Ten and all of the sudden Wisconsin and Purdue are perennial NC contenders.

What a load of crap. The Big East. What a joke.

I really think it's hilarious that an entire conferences credentials and credibility come from the fact that Bama has shown interest in a few of their coaches. How's that for being an important program!

They try to mock us and make it look as if we're fools, but fail to realize that the only point they've actually made is that, without Bama being as prominent and influential, the big east couldn't claim to be worth a damn.

As someone said before -- it is good to be back!

Damn. Never saw it that way before. But about the article......I just read it before logging on here and it seems to me that they were in a VERY WEIRD way bashing Alabama by complementing them. It was a dumbass article written by a dumbass writer, so I'm just going to disregard the whole thing. <BS>

Back
Top Bottom