| FTBL les staying in LSU

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3144459

wonder how many recruits they have lost while it was up in the air and a bama plane was in the area :D

---------------
Added: link

"The amendments do not affect the salary or benefit portions of the contracts. Miles' salary clause can be adjusted without Board approval or additional amendments if it must be changed to satisfy the post-season performance stipulations in his contract, according to his amended post-season clause.

Since the Tigers won the Southeastern Conference Championship, Miles must be one of the top-three highest paid coaches in the SEC. His pay could increase even more since a contract clause ensures Miles will be one of the three highest paid college football coaches if he wins the Bowl Championship Series National Championship on Jan. 7 in New Orleans."

But what about what Al Del Greco said? I thought CNS was headed to LSU. Don't tell me that I can't trust what Auburn's kicker says about our coach on the radio, whats next? Finebaum spreading rumors which have no basis in fact? :wink:

Les is staying!

Hey crimsontradition , do you ralize that Nick Saban won the N.C. with Dinardos players and the year after LSU went 8-4 with Saban as the coach? LSU will own ALA. for at least three more years to come. get used to it! :lol:

Re: Les is staying!

ranger350 said:
Hey crimsontradition , do you ralize that Nick Saban won the N.C. with Dinardos players and the year after LSU went 8-4 with Saban as the coach? LSU will own ALA. for at least three more years to come. get used to it! :lol:

Before you go saying things like Saban won the NC in '03 with Dinardo's players you might want to check your own roster. The only players on the '03 team would have been Dinardo's red-shirted freshman.

You'll probably point to the '00 class as Dinardo's, I assume. But, considering Dinardo was fired in the middle of November you'd be stretching the truth again.

There were a lot of Dinardo's recruits on the '01 team, but the '03 statement...well, it's just an attempt to talk smack that has failed miserably.

TerryP said:
ranger350 said:

Before you go saying things like Saban won the NC in '03 with Dinardo's players you might want to check your own roster. The only players on the '03 team would have been Dinardo's red-shirted freshman.

You'll probably point to the '00 class as Dinardo's, I assume. But, considering Dinardo was fired in the middle of November you'd be stretching the truth again.

There were a lot of Dinardo's recruits on the '01 team, but the '03 statement...well, it's just an attempt to talk smack that has failed miserably.

donfeedtrolls.gif
????????

Big_Fan said:
TerryP said:
ranger350 said:

donfeedtrolls.gif
????????

It's one thing to talk smack back at a troll. It's another thing to take what he said, prove it wrong, and move on.

They live on the smack, they die on the facts.

Big_Fan said:
TerryP said:
ranger350 said:

donfeedtrolls.gif
????????

Only thing that troll ate was his/her words. Owned.

Kc Bleeds Crimson said:
Big_Fan said:
TerryP said:
ranger350 said:

donfeedtrolls.gif
????????

Only thing that troll ate was his/her words. Owned.

Agreed, total ownage.

Could it be that Les was forced to stay at LSU? A friend of mine (LSU fan) said that Miles' agent tried to reach Michigan AD Martin all day before the SECCG, but Martin would not return his calls. Some say Lloyd Carr put the kibosh on Miles' hiring.

However, this article says "no friction" between Carr and Miles.

by Antoine Pitts | The Ann Arbor News
Sunday December 09, 2007, 12:31 AM

Lloyd Carr and Les Miles both got their starts as University of Michigan assistant football coaches for Bo Schembechler in 1980. During the next 15 seasons, they would work on the same staff together off and on for 10 years.

While Carr stayed at Michigan, eventually becoming head coach in 1995, Miles spent 1982-86 at Colorado and left again after the 1994 season to become the offensive coordinator at Oklahoma State.

If there was any animosity between the two while they were with the Wolverines, several former Michigan assistant coaches said it wasn't evident.

"At least it didn't appear like that to me, and I think I probably would have noticed it if it did," said Jerry Hanlon, a Michigan assistant from 1969-91.

"There's always little interactions among people on the staff, but never to the point to where it was a problem. I would say it wasn't that anything happened while they were on the staff as much as maybe recruiting wars or something of that nature later where you sometimes knock heads."

Many former players have voiced their displeasure in Miles not getting the head coaching job that Carr is vacating. Some have questioned Carr's role in that.

Bill McCartney, who was at Michigan until he was hired in 1982 as Colorado's head coach, has known Carr since their days in Riverview and helped recruit him to play at Missouri.

When McCartney left for Colorado he brought along Miles, who he said recruited many of the Californian players that allowed the Buffaloes' program to take off.

McCartney was admittedly torn about Miles being in consideration for the Michigan job, partly because his grandson, T.J. McCartney, is a freshman quarterback for Miles at Louisiana State.

"For the life of me, I can't understand why Michigan doesn't want him," McCartney said. "Show me how he doesn't qualify at least for strong consideration."

McCartney didn't know if there were any lingering conflicts between Carr and Miles.

"I don't know if Lloyd has a issue, but if he does, he's going to have to explain that," McCartney said. "Somebody has to come forward with an explanation. It would seem like he should have been given consideration, and he obviously wasn't."
Read mo' here!

TerryP said:
Big_Fan said:
TerryP said:
ranger350 said:

donfeedtrolls.gif
????????

It's one thing to talk smack back at a troll. It's another thing to take what he said, prove it wrong, and move on.

They live on the smack, they die on the facts.

I thought ignoring facts was part of what makes a troll a troll.

Perhaps

Just perhaps Michigan has watched his (Miles)assanine attempt at guiding an NFL quality team to what could've been a pile of losses, and decided... Wellll, maybe we should look elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom