| FTBL Les Miles?

parrotdr said:
Thanks, Optimus!

Hope to be chatting and smacking with you guys over the next two weeks--damn that's a long time!

No kidding man, like I said should be a good ole fashoin slobber-knocker!

If the ball gets batted, game's over. Auburn guy pretty much had PERFECT coverage, but the WR made a great catch. Had the DB had his head turned to the ball, we probably wouldn't even be talking about it. Actually, we would, only we would be saying that Les Miles is a moron. There would have been no time left had that been an incompletion. Time does stop on an incompletion, but it takes time for the ball to reach the ground ya know.

There was one second left when the catch was made. I know his record is top notch and I give him mad props for that, but I just can't say that I particularly agree with these crazy calls.

But, then again, I guess he's just "letting er rip!"

psychojoe said:
Miles has oversized cojones and an undersized brain. He has enough talent for his low percentage decisions to work occasionally. The decision Saturday night would have cost his team a shot at the NC had they not made the play.
Where do you find this word?. :mrgreen:

RTR,

firestorm said:
psychojoe said:
Miles has oversized cojones and an undersized brain. He has enough talent for his low percentage decisions to work occasionally. The decision Saturday night would have cost his team a shot at the NC had they not made the play.
Where do you find this word?. :mrgreen:

RTR,

I think it is analagous to wevos firestorm. :D

Outlaw said:
If the ball gets batted, game's over. Auburn guy pretty much had PERFECT coverage, but the WR made a great catch. Had the DB had his head turned to the ball, we probably wouldn't even be talking about it. Actually, we would, only we would be saying that Les Miles is a moron. There would have been no time left had that been an incompletion. Time does stop on an incompletion, but it takes time for the ball to reach the ground ya know.

There was one second left when the catch was made. I know his record is top notch and I give him mad props for that, but I just can't say that I particularly agree with these crazy calls.

The clock ran 2-3 seconds after the catch. Plenty of time for an incomplete pass to hit the ground. I think they still would have had the one second to kick a FG. Don't guess it matters much now. The call worked, which means Les is a genius. If he loses the game, he's a moron. Sooner or later, his luck is gonna run out.

MRHAT.jpg

yeah, his post game interview he explained things pretty well. basically said Auburn's kicker is good and didn't want to give him the chance, so they went for a TD knowing they would have time to get a FG if incomplete.

miles

hey guys, new here, but i thought i'd give my opinion on this

as someone who was there, watching the team not hustle to the line was frustrating enough. the ball wasn't thrown until 6 seconds were left on the clock and it was caught with 4. a lot of people are saying this is a great call on miles part, but i think it was crazy. what if that ball is tipped around for a few seconds? what if there is a holding penalty, which with the orange and blue refs out there could have easily happened. what about a sack, int, or offensive pass interference? what if our receiver drops the ball? there are a million things that could have gone wrong to just put our kicker out of his range and make winning that game that much harder. yea, miles is a hero today, but much more of this crazy play calling and he will lose one.

then what?

Re: miles

Sham said:
hey guys, new here, but i thought i'd give my opinion on this

as someone who was there, watching the team not hustle to the line was frustrating enough. the ball wasn't thrown until 6 seconds were left on the clock and it was caught with 4. a lot of people are saying this is a great call on miles part, but i think it was crazy. what if that ball is tipped around for a few seconds? what if there is a holding penalty, which with the orange and blue refs out there could have easily happened. what about a sack, int, or offensive pass interference? what if our receiver drops the ball? there are a million things that could have gone wrong to just put our kicker out of his range and make winning that game that much harder. yea, miles is a hero today, but much more of this crazy play calling and he will lose one.

then what?

That is exactly what I was trying to point out. There was 1 second left, but I did notice that there was 3 when he caught the ball. I still say if it was batted around, time would have expired.

I agree with you.

Outlaw said:

My thoughts exactly.

A better question might be, with the talent he has on his squad, should they even be in the position to have to make these crazy calls?

HiTide said:
A better question might be, with the talent he has on his squad, should they even be in the position to have to make these crazy calls?

you got it. how many times was LSU inside the 10 and how many times did they end up with a fg? :evil:

rammajamma said:
I thought it was crazy gutsy and fun to watch. I would love to see him play Houston Nutt in a game of Connect 4. I bet he would get him with that darn diagonal every time.

Ha that's great.

I agree it was crazy call but oh well he caught and we one the game .

Where you located, parrotdr?

New Orleans, and I go to most LSU games (Won't be in Tuscaloosa unfortunately!).

you got it. how many times was LSU inside the 10 and how many times did they end up with a fg?

Exactly--there were many boneheaded coaching decisions, particularly with clock management--the last one just worked out.

Back
Top Bottom